Shock

The next day

Amelya's PoV

When I woke up,I was still sweating,and I had black circles around my eyes. The headache came back,and I felt terrible. I sat up,and looked around in the room. I didn't see Stella,so I guessed she was already at the meeting point. I got out of bed,and went to dress up for the mission. I grabbed my things and left the tent to go and find them. I almost fell over,but I tried to hide how I felt,because I didn't want to ruin the mission and make them worry. When I arrived,I saw Buck,Stella,Steve and some other soldiers.
-Hey,guys....-I said,my voice sounded lifeless. I smiled at them.
- Are you okay?-Buck came to me,and put a hand on my shoulder.
-Yeah,yeah...I just had a rough night, that's all.-I said,and patted his hand.
-So,when do we start the mission?-I asked,and looked around.
-As soon,as Stark arrives....what do you think of my new shield?- Steve asked,as he held it up.It was painted red,white and blue,and had a star in the middle.
-Looks great.....does it work well?- I questioned him.
-It does.-Stella said,as she pulled out a gun,and shot at Steve. The bullet bounced off the shield,like a ball.
-Nice...-I said,and gave it a tumbs up.
As I was about to ask another question,three trucks stopped beside us. In one of them sat Stark. The soldiers started to get into the back.
The four of us were the last to get in.I sat between Stella and Buck. When everyone got on,we started our journey.  After a four hour long ride,we arrived at the base which we had to take out. It was early afternoon,and it was cold. As we got out of the truck,I shivered a little. I walked to the back of the truck,and took out my armor and weapons. I felt someone staring at me from behind. I turned my head and saw that Stella was looking at me worriedly. I smiled at her,letting her know,that I'm alright. Everyone gathered together,and the commander sorted us into groups. I got into a different group than my friends. Their group went to the front,while mine went by the left side of the base. We marched through the woods. When we arrived at the entrace,it seemed pretty strange,because nobody attacked us,and it was silent everywhere. I started to get afraid.....It wasn't a good sign... everything went to easily...
And I was right,as we entered the basement, a lot of HYDRA agents jumped down from the roof and attacked us. We took them out easily,but I recieved a shot into my leg. I hissed and l sat down behind a box. I digged the bullet out of my leg,then stood up and limped after my teammates.

*time skip*

We cleared the mission successfully,and headed back to the base. I went to the nurse,to check on my leg,but what I saw there hit me with surprise.
The wound was completely healed,only a small light-pink line was visible. I left the nursery shocked,and went back to our tent. I dropped on my bed,and stared straight forward.
How did this happen?....I was shot,I had a big scar,and now nothing....
It confused me,but I stopped thinking about it for now. I took a deep breath,and decided to go to the pub,and have something to drink. I haven't seen my friends since the mission,I thought they might be there too,and I wasn't wrong. They were sitting across the bar,drinking beer. I walked to them,and plopped down on a chair between Steve and Buck.
-How come you didn't invite me?-I looked at them upset.
- I couldn't find you,where were you?-Stella asked.
-I was at the nursery,I got shot. But I'm alright.-I said and smiled. I didn't know if I should tell them what happened....
We talked for about an hour,then we decided to go back to our tents. It started raining,so we had to run if we didn't want to get soaked.
As we arrived in the tent,I dropped down on the bed and sighed.Stella arrived seconds after me.She walked to her bed,and stared at me.
-Compared to you being shot,you run pretty fast....-she said.
-Yeah,the wound healed up pretty fast...-I told her,earning a questioning look. I told Stella the whole story,from the minute I was shot,to the present.
-I...I have an idea,what could happen....-she said.I looked at her.
-What?
-You know,when we went to rescue you,we found you unconscious,and you had cuts,bruises and wounds all over you.....Maybe the HYDRA did something with you,that could be similar to Steve's serum,so you heal faster....but this is just a suggestion....-she shrugged,and layed down.
-I'm gonna go to sleep...you should rest ,too -this was the last thing she said before falling asleep. I stayed up, thinking about what she said. I remember the doctors....and the needless... Maybe she is right,maybe the HYDRA gave me something,what makes me stonger.
A few hours passed,but I still couldn't get to sleep. I was afraid , I'll have an other nightmare,like yesterday. I just layed on my bed,with closed eyes,hoping that i can fall asleep peacefully.....