Prologue

Jennie always loved Monday nights especially now that it's the 23rd day of the month: their day.

It became her and her wife's tradition - lover's monday night.

Her wife, Lisa, is typing furiously at her laptop. She's almost 33 and she's so tall now that Jennie lost the hope of having the same height as her.

"Busy?" Jennie asks as she sets her things on the table.

Lisa was shocked to hear her voice, probably too engrossed at her work. "Due tomor- you know what," then Lisa closed her laptop, "welcome home love" she says as she stood up and walk towards Jennie

"Get back to it Lisa"

"Noooo"

Jennie rolled her eyes and walked to their bedroom, completely ignoring Lisa's advances for a kiss. Little did she know what would happen that night.

The end of everything she knows, everything she built. No one tells Jennie it's all about to be taken away. There's no warning or any indication that she's standing on a thin ice.

"We should start the pasta" Lisa spoke from the doorway watching Jennie change to her comfy clothes.

Dinners at restaurant got overrated especially when their savings limit things.

"You mean, I cook and you watch" Jennie deadpanned.

Lisa shrugs, years passed and she's still a mess at cooking. "How about takeouts for tonight? I could buy that special gamjatang that you like" Jennie offers (she'll regret it).

"I like yours better"

"Liar" Jennie teased, she wished she listened to Lisa that night. She wished she stayed in their house.

"I saw Bambam today"

"He visited?" Jennie asks.

"What? no!" she laughs at the absurdity, "On the TV, he just had a comeback"

"Good for him I guess."

"Hmmm..." Lisa lets the topic die, but she knows where it was headed. 15 years ago, before they met, Lisa was a trainee to become an idol like Bambam. Then she met Jennie. Long story short, she quit. Lisa's contract were too strict and they found out about their secret relationship.

Now she teaches dance lessons to some workshop and is now a blogger who gives tips about dance, workouts and diet.

"It's not that I'm not happy for him. I mean, he's brilliant, he deserves it and all." Lisa says, trying to hide the 'what ifs' in the air.

Jennie says, "If it makes you feel any better, Jisoo and Rosé just won a Pavia Prize."

"What's that?"

"I don't know actually" Jennie lies. Actually, it is a multidisciplinary award given for achievements in the life and physical sciences. Jisoo and Rosé  won for their different work in neuroscience and medicine.

"Is it a big deal?"

"Some kind of award for being good at research I guess?" Lisa let it slide.

"So what you're saying is, we both have good reason to eat a lot tonight." Lisa says then Jennie gave her a kiss.

"You could've won that prize," Lisa says.

"You could've been performing on that stage tonight"

"But we did this." Lisa gestures at the high-ceilinged expanse of their house. "And we did that," Lisa says, pointing to the wedding ring on Jennie's left hand.

Lisa stepped closer to Jennie and grabbed her hand. "You could have won the Nobel prize because you're mind is so beautiful"

Jennie laughs. "That's possibly an exaggeration."

"Don't sell yourself short. You're a genius."

"You're a flirt" Jennie says "And a little hungry."

"It's true, and you know it. Science is less advanced because you love me."

Jennie shook her head. "I love you, no need to sweep me off my feet" she puts some part of hair strands behind Lisa's ear. "I'm forever yours Lisa"

Lisa only smiles. "You know, you said something to me before that pure research is life consuming-" she stops and Jennie noticed how emotion overtakes her wife, "-you said that you would rather have memories of me on your deathbed than of a cold and lifeless lab."

They looked at each other before Jennie leaned in and kisses Lisa softly. The moment passes when they heard Lisa's stomach.

"I should buy our dinner now" Jennie says.

"Let me come with you" Lisa offers.

Jennie shook her head (she'll regret it) "Finish your work, we'll celebrate about it when I come back"

Lisa just laughs, says, "I'll be waiting"

"Which means I should be back here in..."

"Thirty minutes"

"What would I be without you?" Jennie teases. Lisa kisses her in return.

"Let's not even think about it."

Jennie grab her keys and wallet from the table and move into the living room, her gaze meeting the oil painting of her and Lisa on their wedding dresses. She melts.

As Jennie reach the front door, Lisa shouts, "Return bearing gamjatang AND ice cream!"

Jennie just chuckled.

She didn't look back.

She didn't say goodbye.

And this moment slips past unnoticed.