Chapter 1

Jennie loves her life, bearing the gamjatang and ice cream that her wife asked, she couldn't be any happier. It will be good to be home again.

She's thinking of playing their wedding song when they finished eating dinner and then they'll slow dance on the middle of the living room.

She hoped Lisa made a progress on her blog so Jennie can have all of her for the rest of the night.

Jennie pass through the alleyway. She always walk that way, it's shorter and as far as she knows, safer. No one had any incidents on that path. Except tonight.

At first she heard something so she glance back, then there's shadow rushing towards her, the distance closing faster before Jennie can even process what's happening.

The first thing Jennie sees is a barrel of a gun, four inches from the end of her nose. The low, raspy voice behind a hospital mask says, "Turn around."

Jennie is too stunned to move until 'he' pushes the gun into her face. She turn around.

"I'm not here for your body or money. Start walking." Jennie follows the order.

"Faster." She walks faster.

"What do you want?" Jennie asks.

"Keep your mouth shut."

At the end of the alleyway is a parked black SUV.

"Oh please no-"

"Or you can bleed to death right here on the sidewalk." The voice says and Jennie remembered how Lisa said she'll be waiting for her. Her heart beats erratically.

"Bring your stuff with you" The voice orders and watched Jennie climbs to the driver seat. The person sat on the passenger seat then tossed her the keys. "Start the car."

It's so quiet on the whole street and Jennie wonders if it's always isolated like this.

"What are you waiting for?"

Jennie starts the engine. "Turn on the navigation then click on 'previous destinations.' "

Jennie used to own a car until she sell it off to be able to pay for their house. She wonders how her captor can trust her on driving until she saw three locations appear on the built-in GPS appear.

There are home address, her university where she used to teach and a unfamiliar location.

"You've been following me?" Jennie asks.

"Choose the third one" Jennie's captor then said, "Buckle your seat belt." Jennie follows and 'he' does the same.

"Jennie, just so we're clear, if you do anything other than follow the directions, I'm going to shoot you. Do you understand?"

Jennie is shocked at the mention of her name but she answered a "Yes" nonetheless.

With panic and fear, Jennie's mind races, figure out what's happening.

Her address is in the GPS so this wasn't a random encounter. 'He' has been following her. Maybe 'he' knew her and something Jennie did has resulted in her current state.

But which? She's not rich. She isn't worth anything, never been arrested, never committed a crime, cheated with other people. Maybe she curse someone but Jennie haven't wronged anyone in the meaningful sense of the word. In a manner that resulted her driving to unknown place with a gun pointed at her.

Jennie is an atomic physicist and professor at a small college. She never disrespected, harassed, embarrassed any of her students or co workers.

Jennie is just an average person.