☆Bonus chapter: Visiting Grandma☆

Author's note:

This chapter gives you a little information about Kyungmi's background, where she grew up and what she's like when she isn't president.

If you're not interested in getting to know Kyungmi and reading what a very relaxing weekend in her eyes is then I recommend to skip this chapter. You'd still be able to follow the story! 😃

I hope you enjoy! 🍉
___________________________________________

I sat in a bus driving to grandma.

It was family weekend. An extended weekend to visit family. Or get visited by family in the dorm.
I visit grandma every two weeks still I miss living at her place.
So this was a given opportunity to check out how grandma was doing.
Just the very thought of her being ill made me crazy.

I got out at the next stop.
A fresh breeze met my face.
The air smells different at my home town.
It was just a short walk from the bus stop to my grandma's bookshop.
I heard children shouting and laughing when I walked past the playground.
A ball rolled to my direction. I kicked it back from where it came from.
Exhausted mothers from there seats looked to me. I recognized Nancy and waved to her.
She was 9 years older than me and worked in the greengrocer's. Her husband worked as a driver so he was not at home most of the time.
Their daughter's upbringing was all thanks to Nancy.
"Kyungmi!!!!" I suddenly felt someone hanging on my leg.
"Nina, koala bear!" I laughed. That little 4 years old girl was so clingy.
"You are baaaaaaaaack!" she shrieked.
"I am visiting my grandma." I pinched the little one.
"Boring!" Nina pouted. Yeah, right. She was not quite fond of books. My grandma took her in sometimes so that her mother could work in peace.
She loves running around and singing.
Books were pretty much the worst thing you could give to that little girl!
"Let's play!" she dragged me to the slide.
"Nina, I don't think I fit in there-" But the little girl hopped to ladder of the narrow slide.
"Nevermind" I sighed.

"How are you doing over there?" Nancy gestured somewhere.
"I am doing... well." I smiled.
We were watching Nina chasing a boy to kiss him.
"I don't think you would ever do not well anywhere in this world. You're such a hardworking and kind girl." she smiled sadly.
"I am 18 now. It's time you call me woman, Nancy!"
"Never!"
We laughed. Old habits never die.

I waved goodbye to Nancy and Nina.
And actually went straight back home.
Standing right in front of the dingy old bookshop I noticed that my grandma changed the decoration.
I smiled. Just thinking of grandma organizing the sales window makes me happy.
I opened the door that had the "open"-sign hanged on.

Diiiiing.
The bell that announced visitors rang.
I got two pairs of eyes on me when suddenly I was attacked by a joyful white dog.
"Joy! Stop it!" I laughed.
Grandma found her when she went for a walk. Some stupid asshole had abandoned her in winter and tied her to a street sign.
She actually had no name back then. When my grandma told me that she took an abandoned female dog in I went back home to look after the dog with her. We named her Joy because she was so trusting and playful even though she got a terrible cold and was starving when grandma found her.
It was fate, that was what grandma called their meeting.
Joy was loyal, clever and attentive. The perfect dog for grandma. I felt so much better going to boarding school knowing that their was someone looking after grandma.
And Joy was really threatening towards strange people. Only to me and grandma was she so playful.
No burglar would dare to come near this shop knowing that there was a big dog looking like a polar bear.
Right now this big threat was trying to lick my face.
"Bang!" I commanded.
Joy rolled down immediately.
"Good girl!"

"Surprise, Ma!" I hugged my favourite woman in the world.
"Sweetheart, I missed you!" she hugged me back. My grandma had the inviting scent of oranges and old books.
I just wish that I smell nice like her and not like the sweaty teeny I am. Gosh, hopefully someday I will have a decent scent like this!
"Ma, can I help you somehow? Maybe putting away new books?"
She chuckled and cupped my cheeks "Just rest a little, will you?"