p.h; daddys gone

You and your boyfriend, Patrick Hockstetter, had been going steady for 3 years now. At first you thought it was just a thing about sex, a complete relationship built off of lust, but it became more then that.

He had told you he loved you a year into the relationship, and from then on, you truly believed it was more then that. You never thought it would make it to the point where Patrick Hockstetter would truly love you, but it happened. And you couldn't be more happy that it did.

One day, Patrick had wandered off into the tunnels by himself, looking for Ben Hanscom, and he had never came back out.

Missing posters with your loves face on it were posted on light poles around town, you tried to avoid them as much as you could, but it was impossible. They were everywhere in sight.

You had spent the night before he went missing looking at pictures of the two of you, Patrick had laughed the loudest, and cried the hardest you'd ever seen. You were so happy, so in love. Everything was perfect.

When the news came out about him missing, you absolutely refused to believe it. No way in hell would Patrick be weak enough to be defeated by that clown. He had obviously gotten lost and he'd be out in no time. Or it was too dark to find his way back so he stayed at some sort of hotel for the night.

An uneventful 3 weeks later, they found his remains. His arms were torn off, his face barely noticeable, and his shirt was torn to shreds.

You became weak, eating less, not going outside as much, and you barely did anything but cry. The man you had hoped to start a family with, who you'd hope would love you for eternity, was gone.

A month after his confirmed death, you were over at Henry's. you had a sudden urge to throw up, and that was what you did. Every since morning, you had gained weight, gotten more sick, gained cravings more then ever, and you had missed a period.

"That means your pregnant" belch shrugged, taking a sip of the beer he was holding.

You had never thought anything of your sicknesses, you thought it was because you weren't eating as much. But now that belch had made that comment, you began to rethink it all.

-time skip-

It turns out he was right. You had been pregnant since the week before Patrick died. You couldn't believe it. The baby would have no father, and that devastated you.

But still, on September 9, you gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl. Her greenish eyes looked up at you. Her eyes were just like Patrick's.

"I'd like to name her Patricia Hockstetter" you said to the nurse. She nodded and jotted the name down.

"Where is her father too today, ma'am?" The nurse asked kindly.

"Patrick Hockstetter. The one that was on the missing posters, that's her father" you told her.

She looked at you sorrowfully. "I'm so sorry, dear"

"It's okay, I know her father would have loved her as much as I will" you laugh, the pain in your heart subsiding for a minute.

-10 years later-

Patricia was now 10. They had a special on the news, remembering the kids killed in Derry that horrible year.

You had never explained to your daughter who her father was. You wanted to wait until she asked on her own. She didn't even know what he looked like.

His picture flashed across the screen. The words 'Patrick Hockstetter' in red underneath it.

"Mommy, he has the same name as me" she giggled.

Then a look of confusion, and then realization wiped over her face. The resemblance was clear to Patricia. The eyes, the smile, the name.

"I-is that my daddy?" She asks, turning around in your direction.

You nodded at her. "Yes, angel. It is"

She examined his face, tears starting too form in her eyes.

"I hate that clown!" She frowned, and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Me too, angel. Me too"

——————
aghhh this was surprisingly so fun too write lol. i rlly wanna get frozen yogurt

emma👑