v.c; the water fountain

this imagine is based off of the song "the water fountain" by alec benjamin (who, btw is such a cutie so please check him out)

i am currently in quebec for a month, so sorry if i don't update as often (even though i update like two times a year anyways LOL)

(b/n = boy's name)

-----------

"she told me that she loved me by the water fountain, she told me that she loved me and she didn't love him"

they had been best friends for so long, y/n and victor. they had grown up together, and he had such strong feelings for her. every night they would go to the water fountain down the road, she loved throwing in coins and making wishes, hoping to one day get out of the town they now called home and move onto bigger, better things and places.

"hey victor" her soft voice said, after at least 10 minutes of sitting in silence.

"yeah" he replied, picking at one of the rips in his jeans, distracted.

"i love you" she replied, casually. he sat, stunned for a second. they weren't dating, he wished they were, but they had never said i love you, maybe platonically, and he figured she was just saying it as a joke.

"very funny, y/n." he scoffed, rolling his eyes, his heart ached for her to reply with something that could reassure him, and that's exactly what she did.

"im serious victor, i love you" she pleaded, her e/c eyes locking with his.

"i don't believe you, i see the way you look at b/n. you know what, this isn't funny y/n." he replies, furious that she would pull something like this.

"victor, i-"

and before she could say anything else, he was gone.

"it's getting kinda blurry at a quarter past ten, and he was in a hurry to be touching her skin, she's feeling kind of dirty when she's dancing with him, forgetting what she told me by the water fountain"

fast forward a year later, at a party that victor hadn't wanted to go to. they hadn't talked since that night, and he felt like an idiot. but it was too late to reach out to her. she hated him.

standing against the wall, victor locks eyes with b/n, who had a heavily drunk y/n in his arms, one hand a little too far down for victors liking, and one on the back of her neck.

his lips were brushing across her ear, whispering something victor could definitely not make out over the blare of the loud music and drunk high school kids.

she, however could hear every word. she didn't even like him that much. she used him to get herself over victor, and she knew he didn't really have feelings for her. he used her for her body and her other girl friends. 

she didn't feel right, she didn't trust him. she wanted so desperately to be with victor, but she couldn't. he hated her.

"now hes grabbing her hips, and pulling her in, kissing her lips, and whispering in her ear, and she knows that she shouldn't listen. and that she should be with me by the water fountain"

he kept pulling her into him, pressing her lips against his, she tried to protest, but his hand on the back of her head was more powerful than any power she may have had in her body.

she pulls away as he whispers something in her ear along the lines of 'going upstairs', and although it's happened many times before, tonight she feels sick. she feels not at home. she begins shaking her head, but hes grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the staircase. 

she locks eyes with victor, pleading for him to come talk to her. if looks could talk, he would have. her e/c looking into his, trying to find any hope. but he looks away, talking to patrick next to him.

she feels her knees go weak, but b/n helps her up, helping her regain her footing before aiding her steps up the stairs.

"i should have built a home with a fountain for us, the moment that she told me that she was in love, too young. i was too young"

seeing her look at him, he felt guilty. he felt every bad emotion he could feel, yet he couldn't bring himself to say anything, his feet were glued to the ground, and her words from a year ago echoed around his head.

if he could, he would go back in a heartbeat. he would say it back, he would kiss her and make her his and he would never stop loving her. yet he knew he couldn't bring himself to ever talk to her again. suddenly, a wave of sickness came over him.

"hey, im gonna go outside and get some air" he yelled at patrick over the noise, patrick nodded at him, tuning around to talk to the girl he was standing with almost all night.

victor opened the door, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his cargo pants, and let his legs move him back to the water fountain.

EPILOUGE

he held her down with his hands, one on each wrist, trying desperately to take off the red top she was wearing, but she wouldn't stop moving under him.

"please, b/n. i promise we can do this another time, i just feel sick. i need to go out and get some air, please" she pleaded with him.

any other time he would have said no, but tonight he was frustrated. he got off of her, gesturing towards the door. she wasn't really that special anyways, there was plenty of other girls he could get under him tonight.

she ran out of the door, down the stairs as fast as her unstable legs could take her.

there was only one place she wanted to go, and thats where she went.

the water fountain.