h.b; blizzard

just a cute lil imagine to get y'all in the winter mood

——

i stand in the corner of the store where i work, restocking the fruit, not like anybody is going to come in. it's about -20 degrees outside and the blizzard is only getting worse.

there's only two of us in the store. me and henry bowers. i don't think we've exchanged more then 6 words to each other, he goes to my school but during our shifts together we barely talk. i guess there is no reason to.

the news is on the tv in the background, as henry sits on a chair by the counter, eating a kit kat bar that he probably took from one of the shelves. he's listening intently, waiting for any news to come in that signifies when we will be able to go home.

"if there's any citizens in stores, stay put. if your in houses, stay put. nobody will be leaving anywhere until the stork is over, minimum of 2 hours" the news reporter says, and i hear henry sighing.

in all honesty, im kind of frustrated too. id rather be at home sleeping then here at work, not doing anything besides restocking fruit.

i walk back over to the counter, laying my elbow on it and shuffling through the drawers with my free hand, trying to find anything to keep me occupied. i find a stack of questionnaire cards, and i hold them up to henrys face.

"want to play a game of questionnaire?" i ask, he glares at me.

"why would i want to do that, i barely know you" he says, taking a sip from the coke he also took out of our fridges.

"that's the point of the questions, dumbass. besides, are you just going to sit here for the next two hours?" i reply, and a small smile forms on his face, before he replies with a "fine".

he comes around and brings me a chair that i sit on so im facing him, and we start setting ourselves up with food and turn up the heat.

"alright, you go first" he says, gesturing towards the cards.

i pick one out and read it.

"what is your significant others name?" i ask.

he scoffs. "that's the question?". he picks up the card and turns it over in his hand, examining it.

"well, yeah. why would i care what your girlfriends name is" i say, rolling my eyes.

"well, just in case you do care, i don't have a girlfriend" he answers, mimicking my tone of voice.

"surprising, from what i hear around school, i figured you'd have 6" i say, he smiles a bit before picking up another card.

about 3 bottles of coke and 2 hours later, i know that his favourite colour is red, i learned that he's (unsurprisingly) not a virgin, he doesn't watch movies, and many more things i never thought id know about henry.

he's about to pick up his next card when someone knocks on the store door, i crane my neck to get a clearer view and see that it's the store owner.

we get up out of our seats and go unlock the door for him. he steps in, brushing the snow off of himself.

"you guys can head home now, you're allowed out" he says, before adding "my car is broken down, i would drive you home but i unfortunately can't"

henry nods, and we both gather our jackets, hats, boots and gloves.

"i can walk you home" he offers, and i smile at his thoughtfulness.

we walk home through the snow, and he holds my hand in his, because apparently he wants more warmth. i let him, mainly because somewhere deep down ive taken a liking to the boy i hadn't talked to before today.

once we reach my step, he lets go of my hand, much to my dismay.

"today was fun, ill see you tomorrow?" he asks, and my stomach flutters at his offer.

"yeah, id like that" i reply. he leans down and kisses my cheek, leaving me standing there with a giant idiotic smile.

————
i literally suck at writing endings tbh.

we have no snow here right now, which i wish we did. i love snow in december.

-emma