Devil in the Details: Part 1 (Chapter 8)

Rowena's Point of View

Another nightmare, wonderful. I dragged myself downstairs into the room where Fergus was unwrapping some presents wearing a dreadful onesie.

"Mum! Mum I got Sam!" Fergus excitedly announced holding a small toy of Samuel.

" Good for you, dearie," I muttered, I had a flashing nose and antlers that I couldn't remove. He grabbed another present and shook it to guess what's inside as I let out a sigh. I wonder how long the torture will last. Startling me there was a knock on the door. That had never happened before. Soon enough the door is kicked down by... 'Santa'.

" Santa!" Fergus squealed

'Santa responded with " Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas. Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho"

" Watchya bring me? Watchya bring me?" Fergus jumped with excitement.

" Oh, let's see what Santa got for you today." 'Santa got a candy cane and chuckled then proceeded to stab him in the heart with it. This was surprising. " Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho..."

Fergus gasped with blood swimming in his mouth " I was a good boy" Thump! He hit the floor dead.

" Really Rowena? This is what you dream about?" 'Santa' asked.

" More of a recurring nightmare actually," I continue pointing to my reindeer ears, "These don't come off. I've been having this dream for months. But you... you're new. Who are you?"

" Yeah, sorry my manners are a bit rusty." 'Santa removed his fake beard revealing it to be Lucifer.

Sam's Point of View.

"You? The visions... everything... it was all you? " I stuttered facing Lucifer. Trying to think positive.

"Impressive, right?"

" And Rowena? "

" Did as she was told. Groupies... they're always so eager."

" So, you did all of that just to... to what... jump my bones?"

" Literally. "

" Well, you wasted your time then. You see I know how this ends."

" Oh, do you now?"

" Yeah. You'll taunt me and you'll, ah, torture me, and I'll say no. And eventually, sooner than you think, my brother is gonna walk through that door and kick your ass."

" Dean? You're betting on Dean?" He was laughing at that.

"I always have." I thought to all the times he's stayed by me and saved my ass.

" Oh, Sam. You got me all wrong." I scoffed at that.

" Ha, I doubt that."

" No. No. I'm not here to torture ya. I mean I could," He began walking towards me, I retreated out of instinct my back now touching the bars behind me, " I could inflict pain like you can't even imagine. I could inflict such delicious perfect pain." He paused " But that was so five years ago. No. I'm not going to harm a glorious little hair on that glorious little head."

Confused and worried I replied, "Then what do you want?"

" To make an offer you can't refuse. You see Sam, you need me and I'm gonna prove it to you." Suddenly we were in a park bathing in warm friendly caring sunshine. " Recognise it?"

" What?" I observed my surroundings, startled.

" We're in a memory Sam, one of the few good ones from your childhood. By the way, I thought I had Daddy issues, but you, wow! Anyway, I think you recognise the dashing young bean-pole over there." Pointing to a younger version of me sat next to a young girl. Together we're doing our homework laughing.