Family reunion (Chapter 21)

Ignis' Point of View

After a long night of contemplating... well everything, I was sat at the table with Donatello. Him questioning me on what I can or can't do when I get my grace back. Some of the questions are kinda childish but I'll let him off since he's been forced into this new world- no one voluntarily joins, not if they're sane at least.

"Are you resistant to all fire- even hellfire?" He questions, after having to explain the differences between normal earthly fire, hellfire and fire caused by holy oil.

"Hellfire hurts a bit and holy oil fire can kill me but other than that I'm fine," I explain. It's like talking to an intrigued child, a constant storm of questions with never cease to be weird and wonderful.

"I was wondering when this is all over if I could kind of... run tests on you?" He asked worried that he could offend me.

I chuckled at his tone, "sure, it's been a long time since I've been tested on the capacity of my powers." The glimmer of fear in his eyes dispersed. The familiar noise of the bunker door turned our joint attention to Dean with bags full of groceries, more than usual since the bunker has been gaining more and more inhabitancies.

Dumping the bags on the table, throwing me a beer and sitting down he begins talking. "I got you a beer. I don't know if you drink." He started rolling another bottle across the table.

" I do now!" Donatello said with a sigh taking a gulp.

"Well... I don't know... if Chuck is leaning our way. " Dean announces sombrely.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if the 500-page suicide note was enough clarification," I added.

Ignoring my comment Dean continued "If we do get your grace and Lucifer for the added muscle, then...maybe he'll play ball. "

"Great! So, if we go find her first, get my grace and Lucifer and get out without dying he might be game." I rolled my eyes and wondered why I must be a part of this mess. Why was Dad trying to leave this on two archangels who have been beaten by her recently and two humans who can't stay alive for longer than two minutes? Honestly, why do I bother trying to wonder what he's thinking? The answer is simple... he's not.

" Wow. I so miss being an atheist. " Donatello said capturing everyone's complicated moods in 7 words.

Stomping feet travelled down the bunkers stairs towards us, "All right, Metatron. Make it quick. Don't touch anything. " Sam warned expressing how much he didn't want him here. Metatron sat down beside me reaching out for my drink. In a quick motion, it was out of his reach on the other side of me. He folded his arms and pouted before talking, unfortunately.

" Fine. Dean! Thanks for inviting me. "

"Inviting you? You've been circling the building all night. You sent me 200 text messages with dumbass emojis. You got three minutes." Dean sharply retorted. That must have been what all the shuffling was, I couldn't be bothered to look. I just assumed it would be a woodland creature. Not much difference then.

"Oh. Donatello! Pleasure to meet you. Metatron, scribe of God. I was there when you were designed. I wrote your name on the inside of the angels' eyelids. " Metatron explained turning his attention to the man opposite me.

"He's freaking me out!" He announced. I don't blame him, it's a bit odd finding out that every angel has your name inscribed in their very essence. I gave him a comforting smile before listening to what Dean had to say.

"Okay. You said you wanted to help. Besides world-class douchery, what do you have to offer? " Dean mocked trying to get to the point of him being here.