Family issues run in the family(Chapter 19)

Sam's Point of View

In silence, we were stood in the middle of the road, not a sound until Dean spoke up. "What the hell's going on here, exactly? " I had no emotion or hundreds I couldn't tell it was overwhelming, I've always hated not knowing how I feel. It made me vulnerable.

"I'm happy to... fill in the blanks, but maybe we should go somewhere where we could actually sit down. " Chuck if that's what we still call him, awkwardly responded. Seeing God was weird but seeing God so uncomfortable it didn't feel real, like at all.

"We're not going anywhere with you. Okay, how do we even know that you're really Chuck and not just some crazy spell or manifestation" Dean argued as we appeared in the bunker, with Kevin behind him? Yeah, it is Kevin. I feel guilty seeing him here after I... no Gadreel killed him, not me.

"Guys! You're looking stressed. Especially you. I-It's cool. Trust Chuck. Whatever it is he needs you to do, he must think you can handle it. I always trusted you. " Kevin told us. I trust Chuck I guess but Dean isn't ready to, he probably thinks that Chuck should have helped earlier, a lot earlier.

"Yeah, that ended well. " Dean said cynically. As I said, doesn't trust Chuck. He barely trusts himself, so I understand.

"How did you... Are you okay, or uh? " I asked not sure on how to phrase it.

"Um... Yeah, I mean, you know, given the circumstances." Kevin joked. You forget how much you miss someone until something reminds you.

"Yeah, I don't mean to interrupt. Kind of a plateful here. And, Kevin... you've been in the Veil long enough. It's time you had an upgrade." Chuck informed. A wave of his hand and Kevin's soul rose to Heaven. Holy Shit!

"Holy Shit!" Dean exclaimed as if reading my mind.

"Okay. So, wow, um, Chuck. Well, I guess we don't call you that, huh?" I chuckled trying to start a conversation.

"I prefer it. Also, which room is Ignis in?" Chuck questioned. I bought Chuck to the spare room in the Bunker where Ignis laid in the exact same place where I put her. Her chest slowly rising then falling. It was good and bad, good since she was breathing that meant she was alive but bad because she was breathing and well... angels don't breathe.

Chuck's Point of View

Her black messy hair covered the bed. She looked peaceful but a peek inside her mind said otherwise. I took a seat at the edge of the bed and held her cheek. My daughter, my first child. Sure, I had created other beings before her, but she was the first I considered my child. Now she had lost the most important part of her being, her grace. Still, her true-self was no different from when I last saw her. I heard the door close behind me, Sam must have left. Seeing her like this made me feel guilty for not wanting to help and lying to her. I must make amends. At least for her.

I remember when I first created her. She was tiny with humongous wings her form grew a lot before I finished Michael. She was delighted to first see him, Ignis taught him everything. She raised him. She raised all of them. If they were here it would kill them to see her like this, more than me.

Slowly I reached out and gently placed a hand on her forehead and woke her up from her coma. Her eyes fluttered open. She tried to sit up as I placed a hand in front to stop her. She took the message and laid back down, "What happened?" She asked in a grouchy, husky tone. I explained to her that after Amara took her grace she was put into a coma. I filled her in on what happened skipping the part where I wasn't going to help and was hiding. As far as she knows, I was getting Metatron to join our group. "Do you have my grace back?"