Chapter 4.

Song: Start Again by One Republic Ft. Logic
- I don't like 13rw that much but the songs great
~~~

When you meet your mate, you expect it to be magical. You feel sparks, mate quickly, and go on with your life. You bond instantly and you start your experience together. Never in a million years did I expect my mate to be a monster.

I didn't realize it at first, because I've never seen him personally, but my mates Alpha Logan, the heartless, cold Alpha that neighbors my pack. Their pack is about an hour away, but it's the pack next to our border. I've heard many stories about that pack and mostly, their alpha... and I'm mates with him.

Now, I have to go with him to his pack and be his Luna. I'm not even sure if I want to be Luna, especially not with him! Way to go Moon goddess, you just paired me with the most feared Alpha in the world.

After we shared the moment of finding out we were mates, my brother tried protecting me from Alpha Logan, telling him to back off. But technically, there's nothing he could do.

Alpha Logan wanted me to go back with him that minute but we both compromised for us to go tomorrow morning. After he said that, he just left me and Gabriel speechless. I need to talk to my parents about all of this, say goodbye to my pack, and the hardest of all, saying goodbye to my brother.

" What am I going to do Gabe? " I plopped on my bed and covered the pillow over my face. I couldn't face my brother, this was all very difficult to process.

" Stay, please? " I uncover my face and see Gabriel sitting beside me with a frown across his face. He's not making this any easier.

" I can't, you know the rules. I have to go and be the Luna of their pack. " I lay my head on his shoulder and sigh, " Why did my mate have to be him? "

" Things happen for a reason, maybe things won't be as bad as it seems. "

I tilted my head to look at him, " You remember the tales of him and his pack right? "

" Yes, which is why I fear for you, but you know if anything happens you can come back to us. " He drapes his arm over my shoulders and hugs us together. I'm going to miss us, he's my twin, he just gets me. Haylee gets me, but it's not the same. Speaking of Haylee, I have to tell her too, and I'm not looking forward to that.

" I know. "

~~~

" How is this even possible?! " my dad yelled as he slammed his fist against his desk in annoyance. My mom, well she was just speechless. She was staring at the floor unable to process everything I had just said.

I flinched, mirroring my mom and staring at the floor, " I'm as shocked as you are dad. "

" He is a monster! I can't have my daughter mated to that son of a bitch! " His hand went to his face and my mom went over to my dad and rubbed his back. That seemed to calm him down a bit as he took in a deep breath and continued to speak, " Promise to take care of yourself okay? "

I nodded my head, " I will. "

My mom came beside me and hugged me, " My baby finally found her mate. " I smiled and hugged her back, " Lets just see how this goes. "

" Wait.. are you going to reject him? " My mom let go and looked me into my eyes for an answer, her eyes full of sadness. She hates the talk of rejecting a mate. I get it though, even the thought of rejecting your mate saddens you and you get a pang in your chest. It physically hurts to think about losing the person your destined to be with, even if he is a bad person.

" No no no, I'm not rejecting him, " both my mom and dad released a breath and I chuckled, " I want to see how this all turns out. "

" Besides, how do I know that all the rumors are true? "

~~~

I paced around my room trying to control my breathing, I didn't think about the day I'd have to tell both of my close friends I'd be leaving. I've known them my whole life. Haylee and I are the closest, I guess its because her parents are my dads sister and my moms best friend. Jaden and I are still pretty close, but considering she's the soon to be beta of the pack, I barley see her anyway. She always has meetings and work to do with Gabriel and my parents.

I held in a laugh remembering the time Haylee first found out Jaden was going to be working with my brother a lot. She wishes she could be beta to get closer to him, but I always told her that she has a mate somewhere who would be better than my brother. At least in her eyes though, I think my brothers the best mate. He and his mate are really cute together and he always makes time for her.

I hear Jaden and Haylee coming up the stairs and as I think of how to tell them. Think Raegan think..

" Hey girl! " Jaden says face planting on my bed. I roll my eyes are her silliness and look at Haylee. Before I knew it she followed suit and face planted on my bed too.

" You guys aren't making any of this easier. " I laugh and they both look at me questioningly.

" What do you mean? " Haylee sits up on the bed and Jaden does the same and I get ready to spill the big news.

"... I found my mate? " It came out as more of a question and they both got off of my bed and started jumping up and down.

" OMG REALLY?? " Jaden yells and I covered my ears. Haylee shakes me, " Why aren't you as excited as we are? "

I took a deep breath, " Because there's more to the story. "

" You're freaking me out.. " Haylee says and stops shaking me. Jaden stops celebrating and her mouth drops open, " Did you find out your brother is your mate but he's not actually your brother and he or you are adopted? "

My eyes widened and I shook my head really fast, " No no, don't jump to that please that's really weird. " Its more weird since we are very close, that would break him and I to find out such a thing. Plus he already has a mate.

" Okay then what? "

" My mate is Alpha Logan and I have to leave by tomorrow morning and run off with him and mate with him and spend the rest of my life with him. " It all comes out in a rush and I concluded I would probably have to explain that over again.

" Wait what?!" Haylee said and her eyes widened. I didn't think she would get that..

" Wait you understood her? " Jaden asked Haylee and she nodded her head, " Yeah her mates Alpha Logan.. and she has to leave tomorrow morning. "

" But you cant leave.. " Jaden says with a frown.

" But he's a cruel Alpha.. why did the Moon goddess have to pair you two up out of every other person that's out there? " Haylee says, clearly frustrated.

" I don't know.. all I know is we need to have fun before I go. "

~~~~

This chapter seemed rushed but you get the picture. It was most of a filler chapter too.

I might not update for a week or so, I'm going out of town tomorrow and I most likely won't have Internet or service since it's out in the country.

Well.. until next time (: