Chapter 7.

Song: Nico and the Niners by Twenty One Pilots

~~~~~

" So what movie do you want to watch? " Donovan asked me as he flipped through Netflix. I looked at all the options and I saw one of my favorites, Goosebumps.

" Oooh pick that one! " I pointed to the screen and he raised an eyebrow, " You like that movie too? " I gasped, " So we do have something in common! And you said we have nothing in common. " I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes, " Whatever, we have that one thing in common. "

Over the past few days Donovan and I became friends and got to know each other more. He's a pretty genuine guy, and he's better company than my mate has been.

Over the past few days, Logan has yet made another appearance. I don't know if I'm relieved or angry. The thing is, he's my mate. He's the one who's supposed to make me feel comfortable at a new pack with new responsibilities. He's the one who was supposed to drive me here for the first time and show me around. He's the one who's supposed to be checking on me to see how I am... does he even care?

" Are you okay Reagan? " Donovan asks beside me and I snap out of my thoughts. I turned to him and saw a worried expression written on his face. I can't just lie, he'll see right through me, especially after I spaced out. He knows me kind of well for only knowing me for a few days.

" Before I came here, did he tell you anything about me? " I asked him and he shuffled in his seat uncomfortably. I knew what that meant. I sighed, " Never mind I already know the answer. "

I leaned my head on my hand and Donovan started the movie. I think he just didn't want to get into that with me. Besides, he's probably still trying to convince me this pack isn't so bad as the rumors so awfully told.

About 5 minutes into the movie I heard him say, " He's just really busy right now Reagan, hopefully everything will be okay soon. " I turned to him and he nodded his head. I sort of smiled his way and kept my focus on the movie.

We halfway through stopped watching and started talking again. We talked about our likes, dislikes, and about his mate. He doesn't have one yet, but he's excited to meet his.

" I'm hoping I find her soon. I can't wait to start a life with her. " He smiles deep in thought and I smile too.

" I know what it's like.. having to wait to find your mate. The wait is painful.. but it's worth it. " I put my hand on his shoulder in reassurance and he nods.

" I guess so. "

Not knowing where your mate is or how they are doing or who they even are is a struggle. You just worry about them everyday until the best day of your life, which is meeting them. No one ever likes the wait, you just have to deal with it. The luck ones find theirs quickly after they shift.

" I have to go to a meeting in a little bit so I'll catch you later... " he tries getting up but I grab his shirt, " Whats the meeting about? " I said quickly before he grabs his shirt back from me.

" I.. cant tell you that. " he sighs and tries walking away but I stop him again. I look him in the eyes this time, " Whats the meeting about Donovan? " I said in a daring tone.

" It's not like I don't want to tell you, it's just not my story to tell. I'm sorry. " With that I let go and he leaves me alone in the theater. Is everyone going to keep things from me?

I sigh and flip through the movies and find myself tired and not wanting to do anything anymore. I get up out of my seat and go up to my room. Before I shut the door a foot stops it from closing and I rolled my eyes at the person the foot belonged to.

" What do you want? " I plainly look at the man in the doorway and he sighs at me with a sad look in his eyes. No no, he doesn't get to do that.

" There's a meeting in a few minutes, I need you to stay inside the house, okay? " He says and I refrained myself from yelling at him.

" Yes sir. It's all I have been doing for the past few days. " He doesn't like the tone I use when he yells through the doorway, " Hey! You don't get to talk to me like that! You need to respect your Alpha, understand?! " he points at me like I am a child and I gasp.

I was beyond furious at his words. Yes, he is Alpha of the pack, but I am Luna. He can't disrespect me in such ways, he's my mate for gods sake!

I stand up and walk to the door. I clasp the doorknob in my hands and yell back at him, " You're one heck of a mate. You don't even check on me! And now, you're treating me like a child. Well guess what? I'll stay in this house. But you won't disrespect your mate. " I slam the door in his face and lock it. I hear a growl behind the door and a tear rolls down my face.

Will we ever be happy together?

~~~~

Logan's POV

I dot the last place on the map that I went to and sighed, I don't think I'll ever find her. I've been trying for a year and so far everywhere has came up as nothing. It's frustrating.. I've been locked in my office for days now trying to get closer to finding her. I've even pushed my own mate away..

I do feel bad, but nows not the time to feel anything for her. I won't ever find my mom if I give in to my mate. It's hurting my wolf to be without our mate, but it's only for now.

I can feel her wolf begging for us to come to her.. please just check on her. My wolf said and I shook my head trying to block him out. I need to find my mom. For me, for the pack, for my mate.

I slam my fist on the desk in frustration. I called a meeting with my beta and some warriors to come up with a better plan. I think I know the next place or pack I'll search.

I felt a nagging force in my head and I opened my wall again to my wolf.

What is it now Cullen? I say to my wolf as he paces around in my mind.

Our mate.. her wolf is begging for us to go to her. At least just check on her Logan.

I sigh and agree, I really should check on her. I haven't talked to her since she's been here. I just hope she wants to see me.

I get up out of my comfy office chair and I go out of my office and check our room to see if she's in there. The doors open so I go to peek inside but she was closing the door so I put my foot in the doorway quickly so the door wouldn't shut.

" What do you want? " My mate says as she opens up the door so she can see me. She sits on her bed and picks up a book that says the word " Sketchbook. " I didn't know my mate could draw. My wolf whimpers at her annoyed response but I keep my calm. No need to get angry it's kind of your fault she's acting this way.

" There's a meeting in a few minutes, I need you to stay inside the house, okay? " I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

" Yes sir. It's all I have been doing for the past few days. " I couldn't contain myself when I yelled through the doorway, " Hey! You don't get to talk to me like that! You need to respect your Alpha, understand?! " I point at her to get my point across and she gaps. I saw her eyes flicker with sadness but then seconds later they were replaced with anger.

She does get to be angry but not disrespectful. I am her Alpha and what I say has to be respected, my word is final.

She stands up and walks to the door. She clasped the doorknob in her hands and let out a shaky breath, " You're one heck of a mate. You don't even check on me! And now, you're treating me like a child. Well guess what? I'll stay in this house. But you won't disrespect your mate. " She slam the door in my face and locks it. I growl knowing she can hear it and head back into my office. Like heck I'll let people run around doing whatever they want.

You know what, I don't care, I need to get back to my mom. My mate will have to wait.

~~~~

I didn't like this chapter because it was mainly rushed, I had writers block and I didn't know what to do for this chapter. But more is coming soon!

We finally met Logan, thoughts? Don't be a ghost reader.

~ Lindsey