Chapter 16.

Song: Summer Days by Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump

~~~~

"Are you.. proposing?" I say with a clearly shocked expression on my face. I mean, I don't think I'm ready for marriage yet. He literally just marked me and I need to have more knowledge on being a Luna before I fully become the Luna of this pack.

And is he really proposing in a bed..? Really?

Logan starts laughing hysterically and falls back on the bed, I look at him and then the ring  with a confused expression. If he's not proposing.. what is the ring for?

He wipes tears from his eyes as he sits back up in the bed and shakes his head, "As much as I want us to be married, it's too soon for that."

I nod slowly and take out the ring from the little box it's placed in and look at its details. I'm really glad he knows I don't like fancy rings.. I mean diamonds are a girls best friend but I don't like them being piled onto a ring. Dainty and simple jewelry are the best kinds to me.

He takes my hand in his and takes the ring from me then says, "It's a promise ring."

My lips form an O shape as he starts to speak once again, "I promise you that I will be yours forever, and I want you to promise the same. No matter what happens, I trust you with all of my heart and I know you won't betray that trust. So, before this ring is a wedding ring or even an engagement ring, I want to give you this one."

I start to tear up and I quickly nod my head, trying to stop the tears before they fall but fail. Logan smiles softly at me as he wipes away my tears and places the ring on my finger. I take my hand from his and I hug him tightly. He wraps his arms around me and I relax in them.

I am truly happy.

~~~

Today was mostly a move in day.

Logan and I now share a bedroom and I couldn't be happier with that. Every night I get to sleep with the love of my life.

With all of the new change in my life, I haven't really talked to the girls often.. I've been wondering how they are. I'm just hoping they aren't slowly forgetting about my existence. Haylee and Jaden mean a lot and even though we haven't been talking to eachother often, I'm hoping to get to see them again soon.

I sit down on the living room couch and go on my phone, going to Haylees number and decide to call her.

The phone starts to ring and after a few rings, the phone goes to voicemail.

I frown and set down my phone beside me. I look at the ring on my finger and fiddle with it as I go deep into thought.

Do they not want to talk to me anymore..?

Just as I'm about to get off of the couch, I smell something, or someone. It smells oddly familiar but I can't seem to remember..

I sniff the air carefully and hear the doorknob start to move. I tilt my head with confusion as the door opens slowly, revealing Donovan and Haylee. My mouth drops open as I put two and two together.

They're mates.

Haylee and I squeal as we see one another and give eachother a big hug. Donovan rolls his eyes and crosses his arms at his exchange while I hear a small growl. I look up at the top of the stairs at my mate who runs down the stairs with his wolf speed. I don't move out of Haylee hold and raise an eyebrow, unamused, "Really Logan?"

He huffs, seeing I'm not in danger and mumbles, "I smelt an unfamiliar smell and thought you screamed because you were hurt."

I smile at him and break out of Haylees hold. I give Logan a hug and turn around to the newly mates, "Haylee, this is my mate Logan, Logan, meet my best friend, Haylee!" I motion them to eachother and Logan seems to relax. Haylee raises her eyebrow and gives Logan a hard glare, "So you're the one who made my best friend leave on such short notice."

My mouth forms an o, remembering the day I left the pack and then I remember Jaden and hers reaction. They didn't take it well, but they knew the rules, I had to be Luna of my mates pack. I couldn't stay unless I rejected my mate, and nothing could make me do so.

"How's Jaden doing?" I ask Haylee, who's already clinging to Donovan.

"She's uh- in a rough spot right now.." her mood seems to swing from very happy to sad and I get worried. Logan feels my emotions now since I'm marked so he hugs me from behind.

"What happened?" I asked with a hint of nervousness in my voice. I held Logan's arms bracing for whatever she had to say. What if she was hurt? No.. they would've contacted me..

"Her mate rejected her.." Donovan seemed to answer my question for her and Haylee frowned, looking at Donovan, "What? You weren't going to say it."

"Oh.." Was all I could muster. You being rejected by your mate hurts not only mentally but physically. You can feel the mate bond breaking inside of you and the pain lasts for the rest of your life. Of course, not as bad as when it first starts but you feel it with you still. I have to go visit her to see how Jadens doing

I could feel Logan tense from beside me and I hold his hand in reassurance. I'd never reject him, he keeps me whole and he's my other half.

Whoever rejected her will forever be an idiot.

~~~

Hi guys! Long time no update ~ again.

I have a really bad explanation but bare with me.

This year has been one of the best years of my life, but with that, it's been the busiest. I don't have many other ideas for this book, so the next chapter will be the last of  Alpha Logan. I decided to close the book where it is at because I don't want the book to seem drawn out.

I hope you all understand and I hope to make more books in the future.

~ Lindsey