Chapter 13.

I decided to give you guys another chapter sooner than later to make up for not updating for a while! So enjoy..

Song: Bandito by Twenty One Pilots

~~~

" Now, I'll ask again, why are you afraid of Veronica? " Logan said slowly. I could tell his patience was running low and I had to admit, I got a little nervous. But it was kinda hot..

Not the time Raegan.

" I can't tell you.. " I looked down at the floor, ashamed of the thought of him thinking I was keeping secrets from him. I would tell him anything else, but I'm not ready to tell him this. This is the one thing I'm not proud of. If I tell him, I'll have to tell him the whole story.

" Why can't you? " His breath fanned my face and I could feel myself slowly giving in, wanting to tell him.

" Because if you do, you'll hate your sister...- " I paused for a moment and looked in his eyes with my own, which were tearing up, ".. and me. "

I let my tears fall on the floor and suddenly arms wrapped around me, bringing me to a muscular, warm chest. I welcomed the warmth of my mate and suddenly felt calm with his touch.

" I'd never hate you my love-.. " he paused for a moment and lifted my face to look at his, ".. just please tell me why you are scared of her. I need to know to address the situation. " he said calmly.

I sighed, I can't keep it from him forever, he's my mate for gods sake. He's going to find out at some point. From me, or possibly her.

" Can we sit down on the bed? Please? " I plead and he nods, he held my arm and lead me to the bed and we both sat down.

I sat there for a moment thinking about how to explain to him what went on back then. He was patient, waiting for me to speak on my own terms. I was thanking him in my head for that.

" Before you and Veronica became step brother and sister, she was in my old pack.. we first met when we were really young but of course I don't remember much about that. Everything bad started happening in my senior year of high school.. so about two years ago. " I paused to make sure he was listening and he nodded his head, waiting for me to go on.

" One day in class she just came up to me saying she had a crush on my brother. She told me to tell Gabriel that she had a crush and wanted to go out with him, but Gabriel wanted to wait for his mate.. she got mad and yeah it began from there. She became obsessed, thinking that I was keeping them apart or something. She would throw me into lockers, which was I guess alright at first, but she began hitting me when no one was watching and saying things like I didn't deserve a mate and that I deserved to be a rouge. " Logan growled lowly and pulled me to his chest. I felt the tingles and I sighed in content. He could feel me shaking and combed his fingers through my hair.

" I thought after a few months it would go away on it own. It only got worse from there. Since I was the Alphas daughter and my brother was soon to be Alpha, I knew the consequence would be bad. She's only lucky my brother kicked her out, not my dad. It would've been much more brutal. " I said and felt eyes on me. I looked up to see Logan looking down at me with a sad look on his face. His eyes normally hard to read, but I could read him clearly.

" You said what happened at first with her.. you never told me what happened after that. " He said carefully. I could tell he didn't want to overstep, but I knew I had to tell him. I don't want to keep things from him.

" One day I stood up to her and threatened her I'd tell my brother if she didn't stop... that night she broke into my room and burned me with a silver ring she had. That's how I got this.. " I paused and showed him a mark on my neck where she stabbed the ring into it. He growled when he saw it, his wolf was on the surface of coming out. I covered it back up with my shirt and wrapped my arms around his waist and nestled my head in his neck. It seemed to have calmed him down because his hold on me was more relaxed.

" How did she even touch the ring to hurt you? " He asked, confused.

" She had these gloves on so it wouldn't touch her skin. " I said, trying to shake off the feeling of the ring on my neck.

Werewolves heal quickly from regular wounds, just like Vampires. But if wolfsbane or silver is in the picture, it just depends on how bad the wound is. Mine left a mark on me, an imprint of my past I'll never forget.

" I don't tell most people about my sister. Mostly because of how much of a bitch she can be, but also because we aren't blood related and she just disappears with her mate, leaving me to wonder where she can be. " He says but then begins right after, " I didn't know she was this much of a bitch. "

" Donovan told me you were an only child, it makes sense now cause he didn't even know. " I nodded my head in understanding and Logan looked at me with a worried expression on his face.

" She's going to be in town for the next couple of days. I'll make sure she never comes near you again. " He says hugging me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest and relaxed into him.

I feel protected around Logan. He makes me feel safe and like I'm wanted. There was a bunch of rumors before I got to know him saying he was a monster, I know now that isn't true. He's a dick sometimes but he's a gentle and sweet person overall.

" I'm sorry about yelling at you about the whole you and Gabriel situation. I don't know what's going on, but I'll let you tell me when your ready. I just hope it's not anything that serious. " I said, letting out a nervous laugh. When he answered me with silence, I shifted so I could look at him. His face didn't show anything, but he was staring at the wall behind me.

I looked at the wall and back at him, wondering what he was thinking about.

" Logan? " I tapped on his face to see if he'd react but his eyes just shifted to the lower part of the wall.

" Is there anything I should know? " I asked and kept my eyes on his, waiting for a response.

" I really don't think it's my call to answer that love, I'm sorry. " he said genuinely.

" I just opened up to you about your sister, you need to not keep things from me too. " he looked at me again and gave me a indecisive look.

" I watched you a couple of times at the field you used to go to, before we officially met. " He said carefully. I nodded slowly, wanting him to go on.

" I wanted to go and meet you, since I figured out you were my mate, but your brother stopped me. I didn't know who he was at the time, not until we met at your pack. But he threatened me to stay away from you, I wouldn't have listened if he wasn't the soon to be Alpha and I wasn't on his land. " his eyes shifted back to the wall behind me and I took this information in.

My brother stopped my mate from meeting me. He deliberately kept me away from my mate... what kind of brother does he think he is?

I got up from the bed and got my phone off of my desk. I dialed Gabriels number and tried to hit " Call " but Logan stopped me.

" Trust me, I'm mad at him too. He went behind your back but there isn't any need to yell at him. I already did enough of it. " Logan said in a fast pace.

I pressed call anyway and it rang for a few seconds, but then he answered.

" Hey Rae, whats up? " Gabriel's cheerful voice rang through the phone. I opened my mouth to speak and heard Logan sit back down on the bed and sigh.

" Here we go.. " he mumbled under his breath.

" Why did you keep me from my mate?! "