Epilouge

Song of the day: Dear Future Self by Fall Out Boy

~~~~

Ten years later~

"Mommy, mommy! Look at this drawing I made!"

I look over my shoulder to see my little 6 year old daughter, running up to me to show me a piece of paper that she tore out of her notebook. She comes up to me and I smile as I notice it's a picture she drew of her little brother.

"Is that Zane?" I ask playfully, looking at her with fake confusion. She nods happily and I skim over the drawing. It's her brother in what it seems like the valley I used to go to when I was at my old pack. It's also the valley that Logan proposed to me in, since he first noticed me there. The day he proposed was one of the most amazing days of my life, along with the birth of my two children.

Olivia runs off into her fathers arms just as he comes into the doorway of her bedroom. He smiles as he picks her up with one arm, taking the drawing she just drew in his other hand. He smiles and nods as he gives her a soft kiss on her forehead, "You are going to be the worlds best artist one day love."

She giggles happily and wiggles out of her fathers arms, running back to her table to draw another picture. I chuckle to myself and get up from the couch, walking over to Logan to give him a soft kiss on the cheek, How's Zane doing?"

He takes my hand and leads me to Zanes bedroom, where he is asleep in his crib. I smile as I walk over to the crib to look inside, seeing his cute little sleeping face. He has most of his fathers features, but has my nose and hair. Olivia, on the other hand, has all of my features except her fathers hair.

Now that I have children of my own, I can tell what people mean by their kids having certain features. It's something only parents really notice.

"We need to invite the family over for his birthday party later." I say excitedly as I turn to Logan. He smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist, laying his head on my shoulder, "I think that's a great idea."

I mindlink my family back at my old pack to see if they could come. Much to my surprise, they all could make it in a couple of hours.

We just have to get everything set up for Zanes big day.

~~~

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Zaaane. Happy birthday to youuuu!" Everyone sings as I blow out Zanes candles for him. I smile as everyone applauds and Zane claps his hands happily in response. I giggle looking at his soft smile, noticing how much he's grown in the past two years.

I look around at the family and my friends who showed up for his special day. I see my mother and father, who are excited for my sons birthday, but not so happy about being called Grandpa and Grandma.

I see my aunt Madison and my other aunt Kylie as Jaden stands beside them. Jaden just a few years ago met her second chance mate, Brandon. They have a little one due any day now, a baby boy.

For his name, they are trying to decide between Ryland or Caden. I think Caden would make a great name for a future Alpha if you ask me.

I see Michael and Claire with Haylee by their side who is hand in hand with Donovan. Their daughter, Lola, is running around with Olivia as we are cutting the cake.

"Girls! Settle down and you'll get caaake." I say in a song song voice as they instantly stop where they are at and run over to me. I chuckle to myself and hand them both a piece of cake. They run off again to their little table and I hand a piece to each of the guests. Gabriel and Aubrey are helping me with the cake as their son, Tyler, is at the table already with the girls.