Chapter 6.

Song: Copycat by Billie Eilish
I've been listening to her a lot more lately, she has a really good voice. Probably going to listen to her while writing this chapter.

As you know, this is the sequel to Alphas Human Mate. I recently looked at the amount of views the first book has and it's shocking that it's at 200k views! Thank you to everyone who read it and is also new reading this story! I try to make my books as great as possible and I seem to be doing something right cause the support I've been getting is phenomenal. Thank youuu!

~~~

Once we got there, it wasn't too different from my old pack house. Alpha Logan lived by himself with the people of his choice or just by himself and the pack lives in separate houses by themselves, but not far away of course but on pack territory. Thing is, after me and Gabriel was born my dad chose to have whoever wanted to to live in the pack house to be more connected and so my mom could learn our pack and me and my brother could grow up either everyone around. It turned out for the best.

I guess he just wanted to be completely isolated.. okay that's fine it's his choice.

I hear Donovan get out of the car and I get out of it too and I stare at the house. It's a lovely style with a double entrance and a bunch of windows covering its entire build. I love windows, natural lighting on sunny days is the best. I wouldn't say this house better than the one back home though, that ones the best in my mind.

" What's the first impression miss Luna? " Donovan said and smirked at my expression. I turn to him and roll my eyes, " It's not bad, for a place with so many rumors hanging from it. "

His smirked turned into a frown, " Do you really believe those rumors? "

" I mean, I know I have no evidence, but it's all I've ever known of this pack. I don't really know what to believe. " I cross my arms and looked at the ground uncomfortably.

" Well, as the beta of the pack, I assure you the rumors are somewhat false. "

I stopped looking at the ground and looked back up at his face to see if he was joking.. he was not.

" What do you mean somewhat? " I emphasized the word somewhat and waited for him to just tell me he was joking and that everything would be okay. Wait..

" Is that somewhat the reason why you said what you did in the car? " I raise an eyebrow and he sighed in defeat, he knew I wouldn't leave him alone until he told me.

He shifted his position to lean on the car and he spoke, " Logan has a certain way he deals with things, and that way might not always be the best way. That's all I'm going to say, you'll have to see it for yourself. "

I huff, realizing he's not going to tell me anything and let him off the hook. I turn on my heel and head to walk inside the double doors of the house. I walk in and I immediately look around at everything.

The living room was very nice, it had a large window and a flatscreen tv surrounded by a big three piece sectional sofa. I walked through an entrance to another room and it was a huge dining room accompanied by a huge table with a bunch of chairs underneath. Flowers were on top and I was in awe as they were my favorite, roses. The chandelier didn't go unnoticed either.

To the right a door lead me to the gourmet kitchen. The island countertop was flawless, like it had just been bought and as did the other countertops. It had natural lighting in here too, two windows but they weren't as big as the one in the living room, even if they were combined.

" I see you're taking a house tour. " Donovan appeared at the doorway and leaned on the trim of the entrance.

" Yeah, this is a nice house. " I smiled at him and put my hands in my pockets.

" Want me to show you around some more? " He asked and gestured behind him. I nodded my head and I followed him around the house. He showed me their training room, where every bathroom was, which I'm keeping a mental note for later, the library, garden, and movie theater. I need to check out that theater soon! It was huge too. Dang it.. maybe this house is nicer than the one back at home.

We ended up back at the staircase and he told me all that was upstairs were Logan's office and bedrooms. He loves here along with Logan and now me. There's a few guest bedrooms for when people stay over for meeting if they do. He told me Logan doesn't have any siblings, which I kinda am relieved to hear. I like siblings and all but I didn't prepare for my mate to have any.. I'm kind of antisocial but I'm trying to fix that.

" This concludes the Slade Pack tour if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I hope you'll see us again soon. " He said in a weird professional voice and I laughed at him. " Well thank you Donovan, I actually had fun on the tour. " I smiled genuinely, I think I have my first friend here. And hey, I haven't been here long either!

The fun was short lived when I heard a growl from upstairs. I looked up at the source and sure enough, it was the devil himself.

" What are you doing with her!? " Logan yelled from the top of the stairs and stormed down them. Donovan sighed beside me, " I was just going her a tour-... "

" I don't care! Office now. " He pointed to his office and I gave Donovan an apologetic look and he mouthed ' Don't worry I got this '.

That's when I came to my senses, " Hey! Don't talk to him like that. Unlike you, he's been nice. He even picked me up from my pack even though my mate should have. So do not yell at him. " I crossed my arms and Donovan stared at me in shock beside me. I raised my eyebrow at Alpha Logan and he challenged me with his eyes.

" Donovan upstairs! " he yelled and Donovan obliged and Alpha Logan came down the steps and took a hold of my arm, " As for you... " he said while dragging me upstairs.

He opens a door and pushes me inside, " Stay in here. " he says and slams the door shut. As if I'm going to stay in here. I walked up to the door but then froze, where would I even be going anyway? You still don't know your way around here much, what are you doing?

I sighed and turned around facing the room. It was a bedroom and I guessed it was Logan's. It had his scent in the air in spite of him just being in here for just a few seconds.

I sat on the bed and I thought to myself.. I'm tired. I laid down and instantly felt comfortable with the smell of my mate wrapped in the blankets. I snuggled in the blankets and pillow and closed my eyes, hoping when I wake up, everything won't be so bad. I need to make the best of my stay here.