CHAPTER 2. I AM KRITI SANON

We got toward the end of October, I hated this month. Literally. I didn't know why, I hated this month since I was a child. It sounded weird, October. Even if the weather was dry, warm and sunny, I found this month sad as hell. Don't ask me why.

I had returned from the first schedule of Bareilly Ki Barfi around two weeks ago. I was currently in Mumbai, mainly getting preps for another shootings, signing film contracts, attending interviews and events. Tough schedule, but still smiling and being optimistic. It felt so good to be positive. I will never complain about my life.

It was a full day of appointments today. Jitesh Pillai was going to interview me at Filmfare's office. My team and I got into the studio, everyone greeted me with a smile, which caused a grin to creep onto my face. They were all sweet.

Soon, an artist started doing my make up and my hair, while I was quietly scrolling through my Instagram. I let out a small giggle, seeing all the love people were sending me on social medias. I was so happy, I couldn't be happier. My fans were so freaking cute. It was thanks to them everything I got. I wanted to stay approachable for them whatever happened ; humble, simple and down-to-earth that how my parents educated me.

"Kriti !" Divyanka, my manager, called me while entering the dressing room. I got snapped out of my thoughts which caused me to look up from my phone.

"Hmm ?" I said, as Divyanka walked up to me.

"I got a call from Manish Malhotra and he wants you to walk the ramp tonight for his fashion show." She told, a little smile at the corner of her lips.

"Tonight ?' My eyes went wide.

"Yeah, tonight in Delhi. Deepika cancelled her appearance at the last minute, and Manish directly thought of you for replace her."

"Hmm ... I don't know if I would be at time. You think so ?' I frowned.

"I checked your schedule and you won't be late. I even booked you a flight place."

What a perfect manager. I was excited to walk the ramp tonight. It reminded me my model career. Plus, the show was taking place in Delhi. My hometown. What could be better ?

"Okay, thank you, Div. You're the best !" I exclaimed, sending her a flying kiss.

"You're welcome."

"Uh wait ... Who is my partner ?" I asked, swiveling in the chair slightly.

"It's Sidharth Malhotra."She answered, before leaving.

"Oh cool." I smiled gladly.

"How are you doing, Kriti?" Jitesh introduced, causing me to look back at him.

"I'm doing great, what about you ?" I answered, smiling. I was always a little bit shy and reserved in interviews, I didn't know why.

"Fine, thanks for asking. You're looking beautiful by the way."

"Oh that's so nice, thank you Jitesh."

"You started with Heropanti along with Tiger Shroff, a film directed by Sabbir Khan. Then, you took off with few movies to become one of the most promising actress of the industry. How do you feel about that ?"

"As a outsider, I feel extremely proud. When I started, I didn't believe in myself, to be honest. It's harsh, but I kind of didn't have the confidence. I was very hard on myself, and I am still. My state of mind was 'There is thousand people who are better actor than you'. Then when I made my debut with Sabbir Khan Sir, I felt better. And now, I feel extremely proud of myself."

"You've topped the list of 50 Sexiest Indian women. Do these things mean anything to you?"

"Honestly, yes and no. I'm happy when I see my name there. But my life is not defined by it. There is good looks, yeah, but also mind, spirit and personnality. But, it's true that it's very flattering to know that people love your looks." I answered with a laugh.

"Especially men." Jitesh sniggered.

"Especially men." I playfully winked at him.

After the interview, I left the studio and headed out through the exit. I got into the car that was waiting for us outside. Divyanka was on her phone, checking some schedule stuffs.

"What time is it ?" I sighed, tiredly.

"17:04" Div answered.

"Woah, I didn't think it was that late."

"You will be in Delhi at 20:20."

"I will be really late."

"Does it make a difference to your habits ?"

"Haha, good one !" I giggled. The car headed to the Mumbai airport. I was very thrilled for the show of tonight. If I had knew what would happen ...

To be continued ....

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys !

Hope you liked chapter 2 !

VOTE ⭐ & COMMENT 💬

Edited ✔