CHAPTER 29. SHAADI KE SIDE EFFECTS

2 YEARS LATER...

November 10, 2023

--------------------------

SHRADDHA P.O.V

Diwali 2023 was rolling in, and I couldn't be more excited. The room was infused with the sweet scent of sandalwood incense, a fragrance that seemed to announce the arrival of festivity. My heart was fluttering with anticipation as I delved into the preparations for the celebration.

My makeup artist, with a steady hand, worked her magic with kohl, giving my eyes that extra oomph. We opted for a neutral, brown-toned look, keeping it understated and elegant. The eyeshadow palette, boasting all the colors of the rainbow, was the key player. Each shade had its own party story, but for Diwali, we settled on a mix of gold and bronze.

Moving on to the hair, we opted for a high ponytail, my locks were expertly gathered and secured, creating an elegant and contemporary look. Makeup and hair - check. Now, for the grand finale - the outfit. My designer had chosen a stunning tangerine lehenga, a canvas of tradition and craftsmanship.

Completing the outfit was a plunging necklace that hung gracefully around my neck. Each jewel, carefully set, reflected the spirit of Diwali - a festival that illuminated not just the surroundings but also the innermost recesses of the heart.

Ever since I was a kid, Diwali had been like that extra-special thing that I always looked forward to. It was not just about the cool lights and colors; it was a celebration that really felt like it was a part of who I am. Diwali was like the heart and soul of my favorite memories.

As a child, the excitement building up to Diwali was so real. The days before the festival would be a total whirlwind - cleaning every inch of the house, decorating it with colorful rangoli designs, and that delicious smell of sweets floating from the kitchen. Every little job felt like a big deal, a team effort with the family gearing up for the awesome show ahead.

One of the highlights that made Diwali stand out was the tradition of bursting fireworks. The night sky turned into this amazing canvas of colors and shapes, and I remembered it so vividly how my eyes would be glued to the sky in total amazement. The mix of popping sounds, the bright sparkle of sparklers, and the pure joy of sharing those moments with family and friends - those memories were etched in my heart forever.

But beyond all the outside celebrations, Diwali meant something deeper for me. It was when our home turned into this cozy haven of warmth and togetherness. Lighting those little diyas didn't just brighten up the room; it also kind of sparked this inner warmth. The glow from those little clay lamps symbolized beating darkness with light, and that idea really clicked with me.

Swapping gifts during Diwali was also so awesome. The thrill of tearing into carefully picked presents, the happiness of giving, and all the laughs we shared - those moments wove this fabric of memories. It wasn't just about the stuff; it was about putting thought and heart into showing love and appreciation.

As I got older, the significance of Diwali evolved. It became a time to think back, feel thankful, and get this fresh burst of hope. The rituals and traditions that once seemed like fun routines took on a profound meaning, connecting me to this rich cultural history that had been going on for generations.

For me, Diwali wasn't just a festival; it was this mix of feelings and experiences that had basically built who I was. It was this time when the past and today came together, making this flow of happiness, love, and shared traditions.