CHAPTER 12. PRETTY WOMAN

4 MONTHS LATER...

ADITYA P.O.V

I hummed the song Galliyan while my hairdresser was doing the finishing touches on my hair. I really wasn't fond of this new haircut, it made me look like a teenager. I was sure if I told people who didn't know me that I turned 18 years last month, they would actually believe me.

On the top of that, Shakun Batra had asked me to shave for Aap Ki Kasam's next schedule, and it was a real big no. Like seriously? I already look like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone with that haircut. Isn't it enough? I preferred my bushy beard and my medium-long hair. I really found myself attractive like this.

I sighed for the hundredth time, glancing at me through the mirror. Who is that ugly boy? I nervously tapped my fingers on the table in front of me and bounced my leg, trying to calm my nerves.

"Aditya, you go on stage in 20 minutes." The stage manager enunciated, standing outside the front door of my trailer.

"Fine, fine, but I was supposed to go in less than 10 minutes now." I answered, a bit impatient.

"We're behind schedule. Dino Morea haven't even come yet, that's the best we can do." I nodded at his words.

It wasn't his fault after all. I was extremely stressed out and moody these days, I didn't know if it was because of my alcohol withdrawal. I would often get mad at ridiculous tiny things, be a little bit distant and aloof towards my friends and stuff. I wasn't feeling that good nowadays, to be honest. Fortunately, I got really great company.

Today was a very hectic day for me as I had to attend an event, then go back to Kalank's reading sessions and shoot an ad in the aftermath. Nowadays, a typical day for me was like: Kalank's reading sessions and shooting Malang, my new action thriller film directed by Mohit Suri, in Goa. It was extremely exhausting, but getting back to work was really heaven to me.

As my makeup and hair were done, I got out of my trailer, walking in the corridors to the backstage. I was deeply lost in my thoughts, my eyes focused on my phone screen.

When suddenly, a voice calling me made me look up. I saw her. Manushi Chhillar. She was enthusiastically waving at me, a few meters away. Her smile caught my attention. I quickly headed towards her, and our eyes met for the very first time.

She was looking gorgeous as ever, after all she had been our Miss World not so long ago. Her brown hair was bright and it crashed over her shoulders so perfectly. She had a shapely figure which was extremely attractive. Wow. She's hot. My chest felt heavy at her sight.

"Hey Manushi," I greeted, pulling her into a quick hug.

"Hey, they told me you were there and I really wanted to meet you." Manushi smiled, brushing back a strand of her hair.

"What's up? I didn't know you were one of the brand's ambassadors." I kept up the conservation, not knowing what else to say. Her beauty destabilized me at a point that I was at loss for words.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, I am for 1 year now. But, I didn't know you were one of us, right?"

"I'm a part of the team for not so long. To be honest, they called me last month to represent India."

"Okay, okay..." She nodded, slightly biting her lower lip. God, she's heaven. "I think we're going on stage at the same time, considering they're completely behind schedule."

"Oh good," I smirked, playfully winking at her. "I heard that you were cast in Dharma's new film. I don't know if it's true or not-"

"Yeah, actually Karan Johar called me for his new production film. I don't quite know yet what is the story or anything more, but I'm being interested in starting an actress career. You know, work in the Bollywood industry has always been my dream since I'm a child." She explained, as we were both walking side by side towards the backstage.