CHAPTER 14. LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE

1 MONTH LATER ...

SIDHARTH P.O.V

"Home sweet home," I sighed in content as I flopped into the couch with a grin on my face. I couldn't be happier to be home, after almost one month and a half of shooting, respectively a week in Chandigarh and a little over a month in Kashmir. It had been so tiring, but I had never enjoyed so much a film shooting.

The staff was incredibly sweet and dedicated, always giving their 110 percent. Vishnuvardhan was definitely the most forthright and practical director I had ever worked with. He was also a determined person; he knew where he was going and why he was going there. It was a real pleasure to work with such an amazing director on such an amazing story.

And, for sure, I was so lucky to have Kiara as a co-star. She had done a flawless work, entirely doing justice to Dimple's role. She was a remarkable actress, nobody could have done better. She embodied the role so perfectly and so effortlessly. It left me speechless. Not only her acting, she was a very fun and easy-going girl which I really liked about her. I had truly enjoyed her company on set. It had reminded me of the old times together that I missed so much.

While I was in Kashmir for Shershaah's second schedule, Kriti kicked start shooting Housefull 4 in London. For a couple of weeks, she seemed really distant and cold whenever we would call or facetime each other.

Firstly, I thought she was maybe very busy, but then it got worse and worse, and I knew it wasn't her habit to act like this. She was the most caring, sweet and loving girlfriend ever, always making sure I was alright and calling me "baby", "my love", "my heart" every now and then.

But for a good while, she had completely changed. Rarely picking up my calls or should I say ignoring my calls, acting all aloof and disinterested, her voice always laced with attitude. When she did pick up, she always found a shitty excuse to get off the phone with me. It clearly was not the Kriti I knew. Her behaviour was really weird, and I didn't like that at all. I hadn't done anything wrong towards her, so I was more confused than actually upset. I just wanted her to explain herself about her childish behaviour once she would get home.

The long distance had a real bad impact on our relationship, I did notice it. When we did not see each other and spend time together, we could grow far apart so quickly and easily. Our relationship survived just based on occasional texts and calls we would exchange. It hung by a thread, looking like a one-way relationship. Me doing all possible efforts to keep in touch with her despite the long distance, and her acting like she didn't give a shit about the situation. She disappointed me.

I had wanted to shout at her through the phone so many times, but I thought it would be better to have a proper discussion face to face. I was much more mature than her, acting like a stupid kid.

I was watching the Zee Classic Channel, when I heard the door lock click and the next second the door swinging open loudly. It was Miss Sanon. She literally slammed the front door shut, making a hell of a racket. I mentally rolled my eyes, she definitely had not calmed down. She didn't even greet me as she would usually do, shouting "Hey babe!" from the entrance hall.

"Hello, hello, Miss Sanon!" I exclaimed, waving at her, still slouched in the couch. Kriti had a closed expression on her face, not even a hint of a smile across her lips. She completely ignored me and directly went into the dressing on the ground floor. I raised an eyebrow, confused with her behaviour. Why the hell did she go to the dressing, without even greeting me? What the fuck is the problem?

I took a deep breath in attempt to calm my nerves, before getting up from the couch and following her to the dressing. When I walked in, I found her packing her bags. I didn't understand a thing, what the hell was she doing? What was happening? I was dumbfounded. I didn't even know why she was so mad at me. We didn't even talk about this. Instead of discussing over the potential disagreement, she preferred to escape from the problem rather than face it.