CHAPTER 22. KAISE HUA ...

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VERBAL ABUSE (DEROGATORY TERMS & HUMILIATION), COARSE LANGUAGE, EXPLICIT SEX SCENES.

AGAIN, THIS BOOK IS NOT RELATED WHATSOEVER WITH THE REALITY OF THINGS. THEREFORE, IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE ACTORS IN REAL LIFE. IT IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION.

---------------------------------------------

2 WEEKS LATER...

ALIA P.O.V

Mumbai here I am. I had just landed in Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport after five days of filming RRR in Hyderabad. The slide doors opened to reveal a small group of fans and I gladly went over to them to take selfies. They were such sweethearts.

It was so nice to actually meet people who weren't rude to public figures, jumping on us, following our car or even reaching our private residence. This type of people were the worst jerks, thinking they could do whatever they liked because we were "famous" and kind of public, open to them. It really was irritating. They tended to forget that we were also human beings, and sometimes things could hurt us somehow.

As I walked down the airport hall, there were a few paparazzi clicking pictures. I waved at them, a wide smile etching across my lips.

"Alia ma'am, how was RRR's filming?"

"Hey guys! It was great, thanks for asking." I giggled, finally reaching my car. I hopped in, waved at them one last time before slamming the door. The moment I was seated and my seatbelt clicked, the car sped off down the parking. I smiled to myself, letting my body go limp as my head rested against the window.

I was back to the town, finally being able to go home, rest, and most of all, get some sleep, a real good night's sleep. But alas, it wasn't going to last long, as I was resuming Gangubai's filming tomorrow at five sharp in the morning in Mumbai's film city. In all seriousness, this film's shooting, out of all I'd ever worked on, was definitely the most difficult and stressful experience. I was constantly under a lot of pressure, which was very tough for me to deal with.

I was an extremely sensitive and emotional person, and random small things that would happen in my life could literally made me feel shitty for absolutely no reason. Unpleasant or less-than-perfect interactions haunted me and I spent hours thinking about what could have gone better. I took every tiny stuff to the heart, every ridiculous thing personally. This shit made me sick, and I didn't know how I could possibly stop that.

I cried easily at almost everything, and I would often have anxiety attacks on set, completely unable to deal with the weight on my shoulders, the suffocating pressure that Sanjay Sir put on me.

Before Gangubai Kathiawadi, we had even discussed another film called "Inshaallah", but the film went back to shelf. However, when Gangubai happened, I was nervous initially but since I really wanted to work with the ace film director, I went ahead with the project.

I saw working with Sanjay Sir as a lifetime opportunity and I wanted to impress him with my work. I had been told that working with him was terrible. Deepika had even fallen into depression post Padmaavat's shooting.

For sure, he was such an incredible film director and I had an immense respect for him. I had always wanted to be "his actress" and dreamt of working with him, but I couldn't deny that it was extremely hard to deal with his specific way of work and his perfectionist personality.

He could be very forthright and sharp, and he also tended to be mean sometimes. I couldn't even remember how many times I had cried in my trailer, his hurtful words echoing into my mind. Any of his suggestions and his criticisms that I wasn't doing great would wound me deeply. To be honest, I feared him and I was always scared that he would blow up at me, because he actually didn't like my performance in some scene or whatever.