CHAPTER 19. THE BOLLYWOOD GATE

DISCLAIMER: All the characters in this story are fictitious. It is not an accurate representation of the real actors. It is no way affiliated with the reality of things. The characters are not related with one another whatsoever.

I don't mean to hurt fans' feelings. So, if you don't like the way your favourite is portrayed in the story, just don't read the book. Do not spread any kind of hate and negativity. Again, this book is purely fictional.

This chapter will have content along with the lines of depression and verbal abuse. However, I am not encouraging any kind of abuse and I strongly condemn such acts.

-------------------------------------------------

2 MONTHS LATER...

ALIA P.O.V

I hadn't moved from the shower floor in what must be over an hour. The hot water had started to cool, but I couldn't bring myself to get up. Hot tears fell down my face for what seemed like the millionth time this morning. I curled my knees to my chest as sobs shook my body. I don't deserve anything. I'm such a mess. I don't deserve anything good.

I couldn't bring myself to deal with it, to admit he was gone forever. Sushant was no longer of this world. This terrible news had come as a bombshell in the industry and all over the country. It had been 2 months, but I was still in a deep state of shock. No matter how much I thought about it, I didn't have the words. I was totally devastated.

It felt like my world fell apart behind clouds of hate and my returning depression. My social media were filled with obnoxious comments of hate that only solidified my hate toward myself.

Post Sushant's untimely demise, a lot of anger and outrage had been witnessed on social media. People had started raising the debate of how nepotism could affect an actor's career in a way. The hashtags #BoycottBollywood and #BoycottNepotism had been non-stop trending for two months now on Twitter.

Most of the industry faced the heat amid the debate, getting insulted, receiving death threats. Old statements had been blown up, taken out of context, and thrown back in our faces. We were getting called out for our supposed disrespectful and mean behaviour towards Sushant in the past.

What made me so mad was that all of that was so fucking untrue. I felt completely powerless in such a situation. I knew what people were speculating and talking was total bullshit, but I couldn't even defend myself and it was definitely the worst thing ever.

We'd never been the slightest petty towards Sushant. Of course, the industry was not all flowery, beautiful, smooth and it was important to have broad shoulders, but it was like that everywhere.

Of course, we would sometimes pull colleagues' legs and mock them a little on certain things, and for Sushant's case especially, it had never gone beyond the limits. I truly appreciated him and I had never said stuffs to hurt him on purpose.

I had rejected Raabta by career choice, it had nothing to do with him personally. It had been more about the story, the characters, his stardom at that time and things like that, but never directly about himself.

It had never been about "I don't wanna play with an outsider" or stuff, because I had always been very keen to make a film with Rajkummar Rao or Kartik Aaryan for example. It had been more about "He isn't bankable at the time, I don't think the film is gonna work out". Every tiny thing had been literally taken out of context, it was crazy and scaring.