CHAPTER 20. I STILL GET JEALOUS

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PHYSICAL & VERBAL ABUSE.

-------------------------------------------

4 MONTHS LATER...

ALIA P.O.V

Varanasi was the oldest city in India and so contained the old-world charm within its surroundings. The city was full of culture and was one of the holiest cities in the country. It was know for its carpet weaving, glass bangles, gold and silver thread work, perfumes, handicrafts and artistic brass ware. It was the second time that we were shooting for Brahmastra in Varanasi, but still this city always hit different every single time. It was such a liberating and uninhibited experience, all at the same time.

In Varanasi, the weather was pretty warm, the temperature peeking at a whooping 29°C with moderate heat and humidity. It was literally the best weather to shoot in and outside.

We'd reached Varanasi a week ago for the second patchwork of Brahmastra in the city. Earlier, before the COVID-19 pandemic, we had canned romantic scenes and a dance sequence during our last visit in Varanasi. We were expected to shoot important parts of the film and another song during our nearly three-days shoot.

We had also gone out for some personal outings as well in connection with the filming of the film. This was an opportunity for us to visit, explore, learn more about "The City Of Lights". We had visited Kashi Vishwanath Temple. We'd also had dinner at a heritage hotel, and even had enjoyed a boat ride.

Ayan and Ranbir were the best partners for such a huge film experience like Brahmastra. I couldn't have dreamt any better. We all three had become best friends through the three years filming, sharing incredible moments and memorable experiences together. Shooting for Brahmastra didn't feel like working, and I could tell it was definitely the best sensation ever. It felt like having fun with a bunch of buddies.

What strengthened our friendship and made us so solid and close was the fact that we all three had similar, even same, aspirations, eagerness, craving in life. No matter what happened, Ranbir and Ayan would never judge my decisions, my point of view, my mistakes. They would never judge me, instead they would support me, advise me and potentially help me through thick and thin, the hard times and the "easy ones". That was why we shared such a deep and intimate bond.

"What's that look for, huh?" Ranbir said with amusement, a smile on his face.

"Nothing." I shrugged innocently. "I just see that you're enjoying your meal." I teased, looking over at him. Shaking his head at my playful tone, a chuckle left his lips as he took a bite out of his rice.

On a break, we were having lunch at a popular restaurant in the city with all the team. We were all starving, so we'd decided to order most of all the dishes on the menu, from Vegetarian Biryani, Chicken Dum Biryani, Aloo Gobi, Laal Maal, as well as Paneer Makhanwala, Dal E Dum, to Dum Ka Murgh.

"Alia, pass me the Biryani." Ayan spoke with his mouth full, pointing at the right side of the table.

"Arrey yaar, that's the third time! Keep it besides you!" I sighed, handing him the plate.

"Can you serve me some rice, bro?" Ranbir asked, one hand in his meal and the other grabbing his glass to take a sip out of water.

"I'm not waiter. Do it yourself!" Ayan groaned, causing Ranbir to gasp dramatically. I spread my hand across my mouth as I started laughing at the two best friends bickering over food. "What? Here for you, serve yourself. You have two hands, you can use them, dude."