CHAPTER 4. HAPPY DIWALI!

Sidharth P.O.V

She slowly entered the room, her heavy footsteps echoing across the floor. I stood still, my heart was pounding so fast. I ruined everything.

"Look me in the eyes ... Why did you do this to me ?" She snapped, tears in her eyes.

"I don't know. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please, listen to me-"

"I don't want to listen to you ! I don't want to see your face anymore ! You're a big cheater !"

"Please !" She was about to leave, but I held her back by the wrist. "Please ..." I insisted.

"How could you to do this to me ? How could you drink my water bottle ?"

"I am sorry" I excused genuinely.

"You disgust me !"

She threw me a bottle of water in my hands, before leaving. I opened it and drank it straight, then looked at the camera, smiling. "Bisleri! Just more important than love!"

"It was perfect ! Perfect ! Sid, you were great!" The ad's director told.

'Thanks Ananth.' I bid goodbye to all the staff then went to my trailer. I grabbed a towel and quickly wiped my face. It was damn hot in there.

I looked at the time and the date on my phone screen. We were in the end of October, I just remembered. Woah, I lost track of time.

Wait, so tomorrow was Diwali ? Wait, what ? Already ? At the same time, my phone rang. Got a call from Mister Karan Johar. Coincidence? I didn't think so.

"Hey Karan !"

"Hi Sid ! What's up ?" Karan greeted, as I could hear noises of crumpled paper around him.

"I had just wrapped an ad's shooting now, what about you ?"

"Working hard at the office. Well, we gotta talk about your upcoming films."

"Yeah, I know." I nodded, packing my bag.

"I wanted to propose you a great script that I got from a new director. It seems really good for you, but we'll talk about it later." He said. "By the way, you have to come at Aamir Khan's Diwali party tomorrow !"

"Karan, what's on your mind again ? I know you !" I giggled, walking out my trailer and heading to my car.

Karan Johar was the most cunning person I had ever known. I swear, I wasn't joking. He pulled off so much kind of frame up to make me date an single actress of the industry. Last year, he insisted to make me come at Anil Kapoor's party, because Jacqueline Fernandez was there.

We had gotten to chat together, and he had started playing useless cupid between us. Damn. He failed, because Jacqueline and I were only friends and weren't into each other at all. We were just casually flirting for fun.

This pattern was repeated every year. But the ultimate girl, Karan always wanted me to date was Kriti Sanon. He always told me that we would look hot together, we would be on the same page and would match so well.
The alleged perfect woman for me and blah, blah, blah. He made everything to push us toward each other for one year now. Yet, we still didn't know each other much.

I dated numerous models and stuff, but he just hated this fact. According to the Dharma's man, every actor has to date at least one actress in his career. At least, one.

"There is nothing on my mind this time, I swear !" He acted surprised and offended at the same time. I laughed.

"God, Karan ! Okay, I will come." I answered, ruffling my hair.