loss!

✰ KJ APA ✰

My brain registers the sound of the front door closing. 

KJ's home

My hands start shaking. 

I can' tell him. How can I? How do I even bring something like this up? 

After several minutes spent in the hallway, my KJ slides into the bedroom. I feel him lean over and kiss my forehead, like always. "Goodnight, baby," He whispers, like always. Whether I'm asleep or not, whether he works late or not. He says it every time with out fail. Normally it makes me smile. 

Baby

One minute of my mind racing is all it takes to convince me that I need to tell him. Now. 

I lean over and turn on my bedside lamp. "KJ," I say, not even lookin at him. 

"You're still awake. What do you.... babe..... what's wrong?" Behind my curtain of hair tears fill my eyes. I cried all morning, all afternoon. Now too?

I can't do it. I can't tell him.

"Y/N.... you're scaring me." KJ says. The shaking resumes. 

"Woah, Y/N," He says as he pulls my hands into his lap and moves to sit in front of me. 

"We lost the baby." The words fall from my mouth quickly, not the way I wanted them to. 

Just as KJ's hands find their way to my shoulders, I fall into him. Sobs rack my body as I struggle to contain them. 

"I'm failing you, KJ." I state. "Hey. You are not failing anyone. This isn't something you can prevent. You did everything you could. This," He shuts his eyes, tears slip out, "This is going to be hard to get through. But we will."

I try to say something but the crying starts again. 

"We'll be okay. I love you, Y/N."