prank!

✰ LILI REINHART ✰

"I really need to film a video today but I don't know what to do," you whined to Madelaine, who sat next to you on the couch while the rest of the cast were out getting food. "I'm totally blanking on ideas."

"Why don't you do a prank video? You haven't done one in a while and it's a perfect opportunity since the cast isn't home yet," Madelaine suggested, uncrossing her legs as she reached forward to grab a strawberry from the plate you placed on the glass table.

"That could work," you nodded, "any brilliant ideas?"

"You could do one of those ones where you have a fake hickey on your neck, those seem to be popular," she shrugged, looking over at you and lifting her eyebrows in anticipation for your response.

"I like it, but what if she gets super upset?" you asked, tilting your head to the side as you weighed out the pros and cons.

"Once she finds out it's not real it'll just be relief. We both know her reaction will be priceless," Madelaine teased, her chuckle filling the room as you stood up off the couch and jogged upstairs to go through your makeup.

After applying different shades of eyeshadows and even lipsticks, you moved your hair and tilted your head back, examining the fake hickeys you had created on different parts of your neck and collarbone. You grabbed your camera and fiddled with it before finding a place to hide it, planning for the prank to unfold in your and Lili's shared room.

You skipped out of the room and back to where Madelaine was sitting, flipping your hair and motioning towards the hickeys.

"Look good?" you asked, lifting your eyebrow as you looked at your best friend, who's eyes had widened slightly.

"Yeah, actually, it looks real," she giggles, standing up to get a closer look.

"She's probably gonna think they're from you," you pointed out after realizing there wasn't really much of another conclusion considering Lili had seen you an hour before, hickey free.

"If I get slapped in the face I'm blaming you," she joked, tapping your shin with the front of her foot.

"Blame yourself, you were the one who suggested this," you retorted, jumping back onto the couch as both of you waited for Lili to get home, the anticipation and nerves washing over your body like a tidal wave.

The front door clicked open, the voices of the 4 other people filling the entire house like a comforting and sweet ballad. Your heart raced and Madelaine flashed you a smirk as the cast shuffled into the kitchen, placing the food down loudly onto the table.

After everyone basically scoffed down their food as the conversation kept altering, you took your chance to slide out of the kitchen once you were done and go into your room, hoping Lili would follow.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, you took a deep breath, the cool air filling your lungs as the door opened in front of you, revealing Lili.

"Hey babe, you didn't even give me a kiss today," Lili teased as she walked over to you, bending down and attaching her warm lips to yours before taking a seat next to you.

"Sorry, I was distracted by the smell of the food," you joked, kissing her again, feeling more and more nervous about the events that were about to unfold.