fights!

✰ JUGHEAD JONES ✰

y/n layed on her back with her hands laced behind her head as her eyes fill with tears at the sound of her parent's voices filling the small house. 

they're fighting.. again. not a single day goes by where they don't yell at each other; sometimes over the simplest things. most days, they take it out on y/n. which has made her self esteem and self worth plummet. 

she hates school, but lately she can't wait to get there and away from her parents. she'll spend a night at her boyfriend's house every now and then but she knows that she can't rely on him forever. right now, though, she desperately need him. 

in her pajama shorts, one of jughead's hoodies, and a pair of dirty vans, y/n slips out of her window, trying hard not to disturb her parents. luckily, her room is on the first floor. 

y/n holds back tears as she jogs down the street, crossing it, and making her way up the sidewalk. she envys him, of course. even though his parents aren't together, they both love him unconditionally. 

y/n knows he loves her and she loves her, but she feels like a burden when she shows up on nights like this, possibly unwanted, but jughead always wants she and tries to help her understand that. 

y/n knocks twice, regretting not just texting him, as it's 12am. 

she fiddles with the strings on her pajama bottoms until she hears the door click open and there stands a very tired looking jughed. hair a mess, in sweatpants, his chest bare, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

jughead knows what she goes through, and even though y/n might doubt it, he's always there for her. whether you know it or not. 

"y/n?" he asks, yawning at the end. he takes her small hand in his large one, pulling you inside

"what are you doing here, love? it's," he checks the clock across the room, "it's 12:17am." 

his voice is quite and raspy, still laced with sleep. jugehead presses a soft kiss to y/n's forehead and she lets a few tears roll down her cheeks. 

"my parents..." y/n replies, throat clogged with tears as she holds back more tears

"baby..." he whispers, pulling you closer before taking her hand and guiding her up the stairs and into his bedroom.

the young couple layed down on his bed, him wrapping y/n in his arms, and rubbing her back to soothe her.

"ya'know sometimes i wish they would just split up already." she whispered, shocked at the words that just came out of her mouth.

"if you don't mind me asking, what was the fight about this time?" jughead asks, softly.

y/n lets out a shaky breath before telling him. "he's cheating. and his mistress is pregnant."

jughead stays silent for a moment, shocked. "i'm sorry."

"no." she sits up in bed, facing him. "do not feel sorry for me. i get enough of that from betty. i hate feeling like a damn charity case all the time. i hate how everyone chooses they're words carefully around me like i'm a child."

"ok. i love you, you know?"

"i know."