breakup!

VERONICA AFTER your breakup

you & veronica had been dating for almost 3 years. you were internet friends when she lived in new york, & when she moved riverdale, you were so excited. you had asked her out the day she moved to the town. she said yes, of course.

but recently, you had fallen out of touch. maybe it was because she was hanging out with archie, or maybe it was your friendship with betty. or maybe you were simply just busy. 

"veronica," you say, her attention turning back to you.

"what's wrong? you only call me veronica when you're mad. it's always ronnie, or babe, or love or-." you cut her off.

"ronnie! stop!" you yell, losing your patience. 

"i- i'm sorry," she whispers. you rub your hand over face and into your hair.

"look, i'm sorry for yelling," you say, taking her hand, "but I think we need to talk."

"what about?" she asks, worry filling her eyes.

"I think we need to break up," you whisper as you look down.

"Ha, you're funny," she smiles.

tears fill your eyes as you pull her hands into your lap. "ronnie..." you start. veronica lets out a shaky breath when she finally realizes that you're serious. "y/n, please..."

"i love you, veronica. more than anyone. i would get you the moon if it made you happy..-" veronica cuts you off.

"but?"

"but, we've fallen out of touch. I've started to question whether you love me or not anymore. and I don't want to do this but we have to, ronnie. this isn't our time."

veronica sighs as a tear rolls down her face and you place a soft kiss to her forehead.

"goodbye, veronica."