9.

That smile makes everything worth it

"Hey, the door is open." I heard Lea say into the intercom when I came back outside from getting ready.

I checked the time and it was only about twelve thirty, "I told him that you guys wanted to meet him, so I guess that he came early to do that."

"At least he's trying, he still on the outs but he's gradually making his way into my good books." Jasmine noted; Lea nodded her head in agreement as they posted up by the door waiting to interrogate the guy.

As soon as he entered my condo, they were introducing themselves.

"You're the other girl from the party, you're dating my brother." Jason chuckled while shaking Lea's hand.

Lea giggled, "I knew you were at the party together, but I didn't know that you were brothers." She commented.

"Darian is your bother?" I asked as Jazzy and Kira moved out of the way.

Jason walked over to me and wrapped me into a hug. "Hey Kira." Jason's chest rumbled as he spoke to me. "Yeah, one of the five; we can talk more about it later." He promised.

I pulled away from the hug so that I could reply to him. "Looking forward to it, so where are we going?"

He gave me a half smirk. "You'll see when we get there; I thought I told you to dress casual." Jason said as he assessed my outfit.

I arched a brow at that. "This is so casual that I'm gonna feel underdressed for the entire day." I replied. I was wearing a simple white ribbed vest that had buttons in the front, some high waist jeans and basic open toe heels. I had to add a colorful scarf to my head in order to add some flare to the outfit.

"You look beautiful Kira, trust me. You're gonna be the best dressed person wherever we go." Jason said as he pulled my chin upwards to look at him.

Jasmine cleared her throat, almost as if she was trying to remind us that she and Lea were still in the room. She held my bag out to me and began to speak. "Okay kids, time to get going. And Jason? I need you to write your phone number and your license plate down because I don't know you." She ordered with a sweet smile on her face, Jazzy handed him a pen and paper that she'd probably taken from my bag, so that he could do what was asked of him.

Jason held his hands up in defeat but did it anyway, "No worries ladies, you're looking out for your girl and I respect that." He scribbled the information onto the paper. "This is my brother Kevin's number too, just in case." He winked at them and then held his hand out for me.

"Bye girls, lock up when you leave. Oh, and remember that the guy said he would do the plumbing today for the store." I took Jason's outstretched hand. "He said that he can be there around three." They said goodbye to me as Jason and I left my condo.

"You've got some good friends, I like them." Jason said as soon as we were seated in the comfort of his Bentley truck.

"I know, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be going anywhere." I said. If this was any other situation, I would have blocked his number and moved on, not because he did anything that was terrible but because I used any and every excuse to avoid dating

"Interesting, remind me to buy them gifts." Jason chuckled as he started driving.

"No need, they did it for me not you." I said honestly, being blunt came naturally especially because I was still extremely comfortable around him.

"Heard you Kira. Tell me what you've been up to since I last saw you." He took his eyes off the road for a second to stare at me.

I told him about all the work that I had been doing as well as all the progress that was being made on the store. "Did you get your situation handled?"