10.

Getting to know all about you

Jason pulled up to a nondescript building about thirty minutes later.

"This is a pop-up restaurant that I've been hunting down for a while, there's no menu or anything. The chef controls the meals completely and the patrons just gotta go with it." Jason answered my question before I could even ask. He'd put in a lot of work and I'd been growing more impressed by the minute; I'd never experienced any of the things that he'd come up with.

"Sounds interesting, you've definitely thought outside of the box for this date." I said as he held my hand. I noticed that he'd been holding my hand or putting his arm around me any chance he got. We walked into the building and approached the hostess, she smiled politely at Jason and I.

"Welcome to Flux, do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked.

"Yes, under Moore." Jason replied plainly.

The hostess looked at the list in front of her and nodded. "Okay right this way." She led us through the dimly lit dining area to a secluded table. "Your first course will be out shortly. Enjoy the Flux experience." She said and went back to her spot by the door.

"This is nice; you did amazingly for someone who doesn't date." I said as I returned his stare.

"I might not date, but I know how I wanna treat you Kira." He said, his voice sounded deeper than usual. I stifled a smile because that was smooth as fuck.

"Well, I just need you to know that I appreciate it." A waiter approached us with a bottle of wine while another brought out our appetizers.

"Here we have ginger shrimp pot stickers with a sweet and spicy peanut dipping sauce, we hope you enjoy." One of the waiters said before walking away.

"This looks good." I said as I took a bite and closed my eyes, I couldn't hold in the moan at the taste. "Oh my god, it tastes even better than it looks."

When I opened my eyes, Jason was already staring at me with a raised eyebrow. "You good Kira?"

I nodded and we continued to eat. "This shit good as fuck for real."

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" I asked him as we continued to eat.

He thought about it for a minute. "I just want to be happy and successful. I never considered myself to be the marriage type but hey, I could be married or just in a happy committed relationship by then." He sipped his wine as he looked me in the eyes. "What about you ma?"

"I hope that Lavish has two more locations by then. I don't think I'm the marrying type either but as you said I could be married by then. Only time will tell." I finished my appetizer, so I sipped some more of my wine while I waited for the next course.

"What's your biggest fear?" Jason asked me, I guess we were gonna get serious during this meal, not that I minded. Something about Jason made me wanna tell him my whole life story.

"I'm afraid of being stagnant. I always wanna progress in some way, whether within myself, personal relationships or with the boutique. I like to keep moving forward." I said truthfully, one of my biggest fears was waking up ten years from now doing the exact same things that I did now.

"I think we're very similar in that regard, although I would say that my biggest fear is failure. Any kind of failure, I never want to be the one to let people down." Jason admitted. The conversation we were having seemed so intimate and easy to have.

I nodded, we never broke eye contact as we spoke, a waiter cleared his throat as another took our empty plates away. It was easy to forget where we were when we got to talking.