28.

-leave the past in the past cause the future is looking bright

"How the fuck does this crazy person know where I live?!" I was pissed off and confused at what kind of point he was trying to make. I knew for sure that I was very clear on my feelings or lack thereof for him when he conned me into believing that he could actually give me a real apology. My mind was racing with all the ways I wanted to fuck him up, he needed someone to teach him that no meant no.

Jasmine shook me out of my thoughts, "Yo! Are you listening to me? Let's go ask the guard to tell us who sent them." I nodded and she ushered me right back out the door. Someone had to buzz him in, or he had to leave the box outside; I hoped it was the latter so that I would feel safer. "That psycho needs to be medicated; I'm not even joking either." Jazzy blew out a frustrated breath as we rode the elevator.

"That isn't my business; he just needs to leave me the fuck alone. I don't even understand why he's doing all of this; he's the one who threw me away three years ago." A sudden rush of exhaustion overwhelmed me, it seemed that I was finally crashing down to earth and all the bullshit that it had to offer after Jason had made me feel like life was full of rainbows and butterflies.

"It's because you're at the top right now and he wants to either drag you down with him or be up there with you. We won't let that happen though and don't get too upset until we see the camera footage." Jasmine lightly squeezed my shoulder, the same time that the elevator dinged to signal that we'd arrived on the ground floor.

The security guard Hector was sitting at the front desk and smiled when I approached; he was a nice man and he always looked out for the tenants. "Hello Miss Price! Did you get the package?"

I cautiously nodded, "Yes Hector, can you tell me who sent it?"

"Oh yes, a young man left the box outside and Mr. Ramsey brought it in when he saw your name on it. Is there a problem?" Hector's voice took on a tone of concern.

"What like a kid?" Jasmine asked and Hector nodded, "That's interesting. Um, can we leave a picture and a name of a person who isn't allowed to contact Kira?" She smiled politely and leaned against the desk.

"Yes, of course; I'm sorry if I upset you Miss Price." Hector said as he handed us an unauthorized visitor form.

"It's okay Hector; you were only doing your job. I'll email the security department a picture to go with this form." I said as I filled it out, it was pretty simple; just asked the person's name and the condo occupant that was associated with the form so that they could keep track. I handed it back to Hector and thanked him for his time, I was about to walk away when something occurred to me, "Hey Hector can you show me the kid? I wanna see if I know him."

Hector nodded at me and turned his screen so it would face me, a kid dropped the box off and then looked around before walking away just like Hector said. I didn't recognize the boy, but he looked to be at least fifteen.

"What's that in his hand?" Jasmine asked as she leaned closer to the screen, I leaned in as well and saw what it was.

"Money, Demarcus probably paid the kid to come and drop the box off; he might be crazy but he's smart for doing that." I noted, "Thanks Hector." I waved goodbye then Jazzy and I went back to my place.

"Should we call the cops or something?" Jazzy asked as we slumped onto my couch, she didn't sound very confident in her suggestion.

I shook my head and groaned, "And tell them what? That my ex sent me flowers and a love note? You know that they won't do anything about it unless he hurts me or something." I sighed as I scrolled through my phone.