32.

-Ladies Night

"Let's go out tonight; I swear to God I'll drop dead if I do anymore work right now." Lea sighed dramatically and pushed her chair away from the desk. She was right; we had been working such long hours for the past week that I hadn't even made time to see Jason. It reminded me of the beginning of our relationship, only it was way more stressful than before.

"I'm down; everything is as close to perfection as possible for the new launch. If we do anything else it'll be too much." I turned my computer off and rolled my shoulders, it would be nice to have a girl's night because lately the three of us barely got to hang out together if it wasn't work related.

Jazzy stretched and yawned, "I'm in as long as I can take a nap first."

Lea clapped her hands together, "I'll plan everything; all you two have to do is show up and look pretty."

I looked at her skeptically, "Why do I get the feeling that you've planned this outing already?"

Lea shrugged innocently, "Lea will never steer you wrong; look what happened the last time I took you out." She winked at me. "You're practically married." They had been saying that since I filled the in on Jason's promise. However, I was raised to believe that a promise was a comfort to a fool. I loved him and I knew that he loved me; it reassured me that we were both as invested in our relationship and it felt good to know that neither of us would let outside shit touch us.

Jazzy nodded in agreement. "A promise of a proposal is practically a proposal so you're already his fiancé."

I laughed and hid my face behind my hands. "Y'all are crazy! It wasn't a proposal; he was just being the genuinely loving man that he is." I stood up from my seat and leaned over Lea's desk. "Plus, I'm not the one breaking my lease to move in with my ArtBae."

Jazzy clutched her chest, "I forgot about that! What's the latest on that?"

Lea rolled her eyes and smirked, "Nothing is final, Kira just wanted to pull me under that bus with her."

"Well, I think you should do it if it would make you happy; maybe just keep your place for the first couple of months in case you don't like cohabitation. Is everyone ready to leave the office though? I was serious about that nap." Jazzy sighed, it was nine at night according to the clock on the wall and we had successfully been working for fourteen hours. The three of us locked up and then piled into Jazzy's Jeep. She was right about that nap; I wasn't sure if I could actually go out if I didn't get some rest first.

Lea talked for the whole ride; I appreciated her excitement because the close we got to my place, the more tired I got. "How is your friend Jazzy?" Lea asked; she was probably trying to keep Jazzy awake.

"Chanel? She's cool I guess, she might be a little too obsessed with her follower count but I think that she's a nice person." Jazzy pulled up to my building. "Like her eyes lit up when she saw that I was verified; it's not even that deep." We were all verified on our social media accounts because of Lavish; a couple of people tried to make fake pages in order to scam people and we weren't having that.

"If she's around our age then I think it's a normal thing. Do you want to invite her?" I asked as I gathered my things and unbuckled my seat belt.

Jazzy shook her head, "Not this time; I just wanna party with my sisters tonight"

"You're the sweetest Jazzy! Kira, the car will pick you up first so be ready at one!" Lea told me after I hopped out of the Jeep and she hopped into the front seat.

I nodded and waved goodbye to them before going inside. Jay was there when I unlocked the door which immediately made my exhaustion disappear. "I missed you." I sighed when he walked towards me and picked me up.