31.

-Pasts and Promises

The weekend went by at light speed, from Jason's successful restaurant opening to yet another Sunday with his family; the only difference was that Jazzy and Lea were with me the second time around. Amira had become quite attached to the idea of having surrogate daughters since she met my best friends at the party and insisted that they not only go to her house the following day but that we all had to meet up in the city during the week. Lea felt right at home because she and Amira were a lot alike with regards to their eagerness and enthusiasm in all aspects of life while Jazzy was taken aback by the very same qualities. I thought back to the night that Jay invited me to his restaurant's opening and how skeptical I'd been that we would still be dating when the time finally came; however, although it wasn't that long ago, I felt like so much had changed since then.

It was Monday night and I was stretched across my bed with a heating pad on my stomach while Jason talked to me on FaceTime. He was needed at the new restaurant, so the best that he could do was talk to me on the phone.

"You sure you don't want to sleep? I'll be there later on." Jason said as he looked over at his phone; it seemed as though he had it propped up on something while he did his work.

I shook my head and groaned, "No it's fine, you're lucky that you don't have to go through shit like this." I sat up and tried to get comfortable, but the cramps and excruciating migraine were making the task a difficult one.

Jay chuckled but kept typing. "I bet you're wishing that you had a dick right about now."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh I got a dick; it's just not attached to me." I replied with a sigh.

This time Jason did look at his phone, "Not for lack of trying baby. I would stay inside you all day if I could." He threw a wink in my direction.

I gulped and clenched my thighs together while thanking Mother Nature for giving me a week's break from him and all the stamina that he possessed. "Relax. I called you to make me feel better, not horny."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Jason asked with a serious expression.

"It's time for me to hang up babe, focus on your work." I rolled my eyes as I ended our call; I decided that the best thing I could do for myself was either eat a tub of ice cream or take a warm bath; with the state that I was in, I was leaning towards doing both at the same time.

About thirty minutes later I was soaking in my bathtub while devouring cookie dough ice cream and felt a million times better. Although I loved Jason and my sisters, it felt nice to have real alone time to relax without thinking about anything. I stayed in the tub until the water got cold and then padded my way into the kitchen to retrieve an unfinished bottle of wine.

I heard the front door open as I was changing into a pair of TJ's sweatpants that I'd stolen from his house and a random sweater; it was the outfit that usually signified that I wasn't feeling well. I drank straight from the bottle as I waited for Jason to come in. He tried his best not to laugh when he saw me, but I knew that I looked ridiculous in the oversized clothing.

"Aw baby, you really don't feel good." It wasn't a question. I shook my head and pouted. "What do you want me to do?"

I shook my head, "Come here; I'm feeling really clingy right now."

He chuckled but obeyed me, "That's a new one. My KP ain't the clingy type." Jason sat up next to me on the bed and snatched the wine bottle from me. "You had a good day otherwise?" He asked as he took a swig from the bottle.

I nodded and smiled; "I felt like shit, but we got a lot of work done. I'm calling out tomorrow though; we've got employees now and I can work from home. What about you, is Amira's still packed on a Monday night?" I asked him; Jason was an unpredictable person at times, especially with the direction that he took his brand-new restaurant. When he told me that it would be a soul food restaurant, I wasn't expecting it to be as fancy as it was; although in retrospect it fit his mother's aesthetic perfectly, so I supposed that it made sense.