Chapter 7: Minds and Missions

The walk to the car was dead silent. Nate and Damien had not asked about my briefcase, even though they wanted to. They didn't ask about how the guard knew me. Even though they wanted to. They didn't even ask why I would shop at a place like this. Even though they wanted to. And for that I was grateful.

Damien and Nate didn't want to shop anymore and I guess I could respect their decision. It was my fault in the first place they were here so if they did not want to shop I would respect their decision.

I captured Damien's mind to see what he was thinking.

What's in the briefcase? What's she hiding? What did James call her Scar? Is she in love with him? At times his wolf would add into the conversation saying She's ours and adding ways he would kill Nate. Which I found amusing and disturbing.

Nate on the other hand was thinking of our wedding and what our children would look like. This is one of the reasons why I hesitate when it comes to reading minds. Only for drastic emergencies and when I really need to entertain myself.

I always kind of knew Nate liked me. The attraction between us was undeniable, but I can't even think about a love life when I'm on a mission.

My mission: kill all the members of the Supernatural Council and then I have to reclaim my place as Queen on Lycos which is another kingdom on the opposite side of the world, which nobody knows about except me and Ryan who is the Supreme President of the Supernatural Council.

The main problem being; Ryan is Damien's and Nate's father.