Chapter 27: Road Trip

I transport myself to the house. I'm not in the mood for flying anymore, unfolding my wings I conjure up breakfast for everyone and wait. 'Ignite', the word on the necklace stands out as I run my fingers over the necklace. 'Ignite' the words pulse and take life that was unknown. No more waiting, I am taking back my crown, and for once I am getting my happy ending I think, determined. We need to get going.

"EVERYBODY GET YOUR BUTTS OUT OF BED OR I WILL SUMMON A DRAGON THAT WILL EAT YOU SLOWLY!" I yell.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

Obsidian comes out first,stumbling and falling, looking for a dragon.

"Morning." I say sweetly, and the look of confusion on Obsidian's face is priceless.

"Morning?" He croaks out confused.

I snap my fingers and Obsidian is dressed in armor and has a sword in his hand.

Nate comes out next with a pitcher of water and pillow, like that's going to protect him. I turn the pitcher of water into a sword and the pillow into a shield, then I dress him in armor.

Aubrey comes out following him, her hair looks like a bird's nest, and her eyes are bloodshot. I don't even want to ask why, because I know. I sigh and transform her into her armor.

Ryan, Amara, Maddie, and Trent come out, looking wasted.

"Did you go into my liquor cabinet?!" I accuse.

"No!" They all say at the same time, their eyes wide with fear.

I look at Maddie, who's oddly quiet, and I know they're guilty.

"Maddie is that true?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Ye-s.." Maddie stuttered not making eye contact with me.

"Maddie..." I say.

"Give the poor girl a break. You don't even drink." Michael says with a smirk, walking in already dressed in armor and eating my bacon.

"MY BACON!" I yell lunging at him. "For Narnia!" I shout tackling him to the ground, he lands to the ground with a thump, groaning.

"How much do you weigh?" He groans.

"That was for Narnia." I say proudly.

Grabbing the plate of bacon out of his hand, I get off of him.

"Don't take my food!" I say, throwing the nearest pillow at him and start attacking him with it.

"I surrender woman!" Michael yells out. I get up again pleased with myself.

"Who's Narnia?" Obsidian asks curiously.

Michael and I burst out laughing.

"Nobody, Obsidian." I say, smiling.

Michael grins and Narnia becomes another inside joke for us.

I change everyone into armor.

Then finally I change myself into a black leather jumpsuit, and my belt had a range of weapons.

"Question, why are we dressed in armor and why do you get to look the coolest out of all of us? I mean, seriously, if anyone should be looking like a gorgeous assassin it should be me!" Ryan says having a diva moment.
Sometimes I wonder if that man is really straight.

"You think I'm gorgeous?" I gasp in fake shock. "Sorry Ryan I'm not interested in old men."

"I'm 34. How old are you? A thousand?"

"No, really how old are you?" Nate asks. I look at Michael who looks back at me, we both shrug.

"I'm immortal in a way. I don't age."

"How?" Obsidian questions.

"I live my life for however long I can, ten-thousand years, a hundred, etc. But when I'm killed I am reborn as a baby and age until I turn 18, and after that I keep living my life. I remember everything as a newborn so I never forget my past lives."

"Where's Damien?" Amara as suddenly.

"Damien's dead." I reply bluntly.

He's dead. I still wish it wasn't true. I fight myself because a part of me knows that once I resurrect him, he won't be the same Damien. He'll be an empty shell of what once was. And I can't do that to him.

"You killed him!" Amara accuses and swings her fist to punch me. I stop it in mid-air when it's inches away from my nose.
"You do not want to punch me." I say dangerously and you can tell I mean business. Her fist in my hand, I push her back and she stumbles back shocked by my strength. That was nothing I want to tell her, but I keep quiet.

The room becomes tense.

"To get to Lycos, we will ride by horseback, because Magic is forbidden in the kingdom, and I like to make an entrance. The horses are outside, waiting." I announce.

This is going to be a long road trip.