Chapter 41: Soul Searching

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them.The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst. They said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

John 8: 1-11

Scarlett Point of View~~~

[Unedited]

      I felt cornered, caught between a rock and a hard place, an animal in a small cage with no escape. "I won't help you." The words slipped from my mouth like soap, and they were something I couldn't take back.

Flashback:

"Lucifier, lovely to see you; how's the wife?" I walked through the guards surrounding him, and opened out my arms, waiting for him to greet me.

He stood up from his throne and smile genuinely as he hugged me.

"Oh it's been to long little Raven. Oh and the wife's good, we're expecting twins."

"Indeed it has. That's wonderful, tell Lucy I said hi." I replied back.

Lucifier's red eyes looked at me curiously, his golden-red hair shined with an expectant fury, as he smiled at me.

"So what brings you here." Lucifier began.

I watched him carefully, around Lucifier you never knew how to act.

"Hmm... Just in the neighborhood." I answered back non-chanantly.

"Why do I doubt that? You're always up to something." Lucifier grinned, hoping that one of my schemes were devious.

"Me?" I began, "I always follow the rules, Luc you know that!" I exclaimed innocently.

Lucifier laughed at my joke, and I smiled slightly.

"No, seriously what brings you here?" Lucifier asked becoming serious.

"I want to call in a favor."

"A favor? Well this is a rare occasion. You never ask for anything. What is it that you want exactly?" Lucifier asked.

"A soul." I replied instinctively.

Lucifier stiffened slightly, and went cold. "Why would you need a soul?"

"Are you going to give it to me or not?" I said annoyed slightly, I raised one eyebrow at him in question.

"Tell me one thing, whose soul do you need?" Lucifier said, opening his cabinet and reaching in for the key to the soul vault where all souls were stored.

"Just give me the key, and trust me, when I say it's no one important." I lied, as I reached for the keys that dangling on his fingers, taunting me.