Chapter 43: The Story of The Bottle

"In the end, we remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

        It was France, 1892. It was another world, another place, another time. As a time traveler I liked to bounce better time periods and live different lives at once. I had already died many times, and this was my thirteenth time to be reborn. And if there is anything I learned after being reborn thirteen times is that thirteen was a very unlucky number.

        The year was average unlike any other. November 8, Anarchist bomb kills six in police station, July 12, a hidden lake bursts out of a glacier flooding the valley and killing around two hundred villagers. Famous people died, famous people lived. But there was none like Janet Cylar. Janet was an old rival of mine. She was arrogrant and stubborn, and thought she was always right when we both knew she was not. She was also my sister. On my thirteenth rebirth, I was born to a middle class family in Paris. It seemed pretty average to me, new mom, new dad, there would probably be some dysfunctional problems with the family, but I can assure you, the Cylar family was no ordinary dysfunctional family. I was born into a family of witches. The irony, I'm sure you can learn to appreciate, trust me, I found it funny too.

        The Cylar family also lived next to a royal family named the Renees. The Renees were a kind royal family, and often invinted to eat dinner at their palace. My parents never refused and soon enough the Cylars and the Renees became friends. The Renees had a son named James. James was dangerous in a way a snake was. He was beautiful and exotic, like a pet you wanted to have, but one you knew that would eventually have it's body around your neck and would be suffocating you to death. Janet didn't understand that concept. She was young, beautiful, naive and hopelessly in love with James. James payed no attention to her, and regarded her as another one of his fangirls. Instead of paying attention to Janet, he paid attention to someone else. Me. I, on the other hand, was extremely repulsed by the idea of him, and was in love with his older brother Matthew. Matthew was a year older than James and also in love with her. How do I know this? Well I may have read his mind on occasions (or whenever I saw him) and found this out. 

        My parents at the time, were delighted at the idea of mmarryie ng someone royal. So they consulted their crystal balls and tarot cards who also found the idea delightful. I on the other hand, even though I was in love with Matthew, did not want to be controlled by my parents. So I did the thing all teenage girls do when something isn't going their way. I rebelled. Told them I wanted to marry him, my way, on my own time. My parents eventually agreed and I married Matthew on my own time. We had a wedding in August under an oak tree. We were happy, for a while. It ended with Janet. She was completely stunned at the fact that I married a Renee before she did. So, her being a witch, she set aside her feelings for James, and set her eyes on someone else, Matthew. She cast a love potion in effort to set us apart. The thing Janet did not know however was that Matthew was a warlock and no potions worked on him. Then Janet mysteriously became trapped in a mirror, by someone. Who? Nobody seems to know. It still remains a mystery.

        After that ordeal was over, Matthew and I decided to move to Prague. While in Prague we discovered a map. One that I had no knowledge on. The map lead us to a cave in the Amazons, and then it was the dagger that I had stole from Julius that unlocked the key. How this set of events became connected was the true mystery. This chain of connected events led me to the discovery of the bottle. The thing that would help me collect Abbadon's soul, and help me save my friends, and would help me destroy Lucifier. 

         When I was in the Amazons with Matthew, we came across a glass bottle, inside of the cave. The bottle was pure glass, with unreadable engravings. After so many months of searching our search had lead us to this. My answer to my quest only left me with more mystery. Why had I been lead to this bottle? Why was my dagger the key? Questions that still haven't been answered. Matthew reached out to touch the bottle but was instantly stopped when the bottle moved away from him in a fury. I stepped towards it as it was floating in mid-air and was pleasantly surprised when it came to me, as if it was waiting for me.

        When I touched it, I was transformed. The humming warm glow began to grow in the bottle, and instantly I was connected to it. It was a part of me, and I was part of it. Whatever it was. It was alive, but at the same time it wasn't. It spoke to me, of wisdom untold, of hidden civilizations, and secrets that men have died for. I suddenly knew all. The intents of all. I could read hearts, minds, souls. I could tell you everything about anything. The bottle captured souls, and it chose to spare me so I could be its master. This soul-capturing bottle led to many dark things but also many good things. It was a Pyrrhic victory. That was one of the reasons why I had to hide it, and I swore to never use it.

        This is the story of the bottle.

Author's Note~~~

This update is long overdue. School is keeping me so busy. I will update sooner, I promise. Stay with the book it will not be disappointing!!! I realized that the "Mystery" of Scarlett shouldn't be so mysterious so be ready for the flashbacks, and for long stories of the past. I am writing a new book and I would like your opinion on it.

Called: Innocent

Description:

I stood in front of the court, I faced the judge, and said with a broken plea, "Please, I'm innocent." She shook her head, rather disapprovingly and I knew right there and then, she didn't believe me.

        When Isabelle was thirteen years old, she was charged with first degree murder and sentenced  to twenty years in prison for killing a senator, she never met. Isabelle as she was being taken away in chains, screamed she was innocent. But no one believed her. After serving four years out of a twenty year sentence, someone confesses to the murder and proves that they framed Isabelle. Isabelle, now released with a eighty million dollar check, is released from prison to try to live a normal life.

        After four years in prison she's changed, no longer is she the thirteen year old girl she once was. She's different. She's been to the prison hospital fifty six times in the last four years for fighting, she's been in a coma three times, and was dead for eight minutes straight what she saw nobody knows. Isabelle is a black belt in marital arts, graduated college, speaks eleven languages, master forger, and of course the best pick-pocket the world has ever seen. Now Isabelle must graduate high school, and try to live a normal life. Well as normal as it can be, when you have the FBI wanting to recruit you for information. Isabelle's a mystery and someone trouble always seems to follow. 

        Follow Isabelle's journey of love, adventure, and danger.

 Let me know what you think. Vote. Comment/ Vomment

<3