Chapter 42: The Bottle

"I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!”
―C. Joybell C.

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

        When I worked for Lucifier, I lived on Earth for a long time before I moved back to Lux. Ever since then, I have lived lives back in forth between Earth and Lux. If there is anything I have learned about humans and creatures in general, is that we are liars. We lie to ourselves, we lie to others, and we lie because we need the truth to sound better. We all have light and dark inside of us, and there is nothing we can do about that. But, the side we choose to act on, that's who we really are.

        I never learned that until I was in Rome.

        The streets were crowded as I entered Rome. Everyone stared at me in pure fascination as I entered the market place. Here everyone knew everyone, so the marketplace wasn't use to strangers. A man came from the crowd, and motioned for the crowd to part, and everyone moved quickly and made a path for him to get through. They feared him, I quickly realized.

        "Do I know you?" The man asked. His hair was golden like the sun and his eyes blue like the ocean.

        "No. You don't know me." I said walking towards him. "My name is Scarlett." I reached my hand out for him shake, but he rejected it.

        "My subjects bow to me." The man said arrograntly.

        I smirked slightly. "Well it's good thing I'm not you're subject then."

        If he looked shocked he didn't show it.

        "You're the thief that has been taking down my men." He asked arrogrance tapping his voice. He said laughing humorlessly.

        I gave him a wicked grin, "Is that so?"

        "It is. And I want you to work for me."

        I laughed, at him. The young king, who thinks he owns the world.

        "Work for you?" I smiled superiorly at him.

        Humans. Always thinking that they know all and they have the upper hand.

        Oh how wrong they are.

        "Yes, come work for me. Be my assassin, my queen, and my crown." Julius stood closer to me, and whispered in my ear, "I could give you everything you ever wanted. Everything, jewels, money, weapons, whatever you want. Be my queen, the woman I place to rule beside me, and we can conquer all.  Nothing can touch me."

        I looked into the eyes, of the young foolish king.

        I whispered in his ear, "You lie to yourself, Julius.You lie, young king. Do you want to know why you lie? Because I can touch you."

        With that being said, I reached for my blade, and stabbed young Julius in the heart. I could hear the gasps of the people in the square, I could feel the wet, warm blood of Julius, on my hands, I could feel his very soul melting into me as I pushed the knife further and deeper. But I shed not a single tear as I watched Julius's memories become mine. As I suddenly saw everything. Julius as a little boy being beaten by his father, Julius running to the aid of his mother as she falls gravely ill. Julius wanting to be loved so badly by his father that he turns to corruption and deceit to become King. He kills his brother, and proudly wears the crown he stole. But underneath it all, Julius didn't want power, or the throne, he just wanted to be loved. And love is a killing thing.