Chapter 11: Obsidian

Scarlett~

The wolf bowed his head asking me to pet him. I touched his head, his black fur was soft and silky as I ran my fingers through it.

Will you accept me as your mate? A male voice in my head echoed. I knew immediately it was the wolf, he was mind-linking me.

Do I accept him as my mate? How would this even work? Suddenly I didn't care, I was just tired of being alone. Of nobody understanding me, of feeling betrayed, I was tired of feeling guilty and most of all I was tired of being lonely.

Yes I accept you as my mate. I mind-linked back indifferent towards the consequences or of the problems that this could cause me. I could feel the happiness radiating off the wolf in waves and I couldn't help but smile.

Come on let's keep walking

He followed me and we walked side by side.

What's your name? 
I asked curiously.

I want you to name me.

I thought about his glossy black fur.

Obsidian. Your new name should be Obsidian. Do you like it?I asked eagerly.

I love it.

With my super-hearing I heard the snap of a twig 10 miles from where I was.

"They are coming." I said aloud

Get on my back. I'll take you somewhere safe. You will have to explain to me later.

Okay.

I climbed on top of the him, gripping onto his fur, making sure that I didn't hold him to tight. I whispered in his ear.

"Let's go."

We took off. The wind was blowing through my hair and Obsidian was going very fast but he was holding back.

"Faster Obsidian! Faster! This is fun!" I yelled over the sound of the wind. My surroundings were passing by me quicker than I expected and I was enjoying this just Obsidian, me and the wind.

Hold on  He said extremely amused at my behaviour. We went faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcame the fear of the death.

Then we came to a sudden stop.

"Aww... it's over." I complained.

Yes it's over... What's your name? Obsidian asked suddenly.

My name's Scarlett but you can rename me too.

Your new name will be speedy.  Obsidian said teasingly.

Fine. Then your new name will be Fido. I retorted back.

Speedy.

Fido.

Speedy.

Fido.

I looked around, we were right next to a waterfall. The crystal blue water was breathtakingly beautiful. 

"Can I get in?"

Obsidian nodded.

I jumped in doing a cannon ball, sighing because of the coolness. Obsidian hadn't gotten in yet.

Obsidian what's wrong?

I am not a fan of water.

Why not?

It's just so wet. It messes with my fur. It makes my fur look puffy. I smirked having an idea.

You're not scared Obsidian are you? I asked innocently.

No I am not scared of water.

Then get in.

Obsidian sighed internally and leaped in and starting swimming towards me.

Happy?

Yes. I said happily let's get out now I want to see how puffy your fur gets.

I should have known Obsidian grumbled

I promise not to laugh at you. I'm sure you will still look beautiful afterwards...

I added with a snicker.

I am not beautiful. I'm handsome or hot.

Sure you are. Little fur-ball.

"Scarlett I finally found you." The voice said with relief and Damien wrapped his arms around me and I quickly pushed him away. Obsidian growled.

"Scarlett who's that?" Damien asked pointing to Obsidian who stood behind me, snarling and growling, ready to attack.