Chapter 8: War Plans

Nobody is suppose to know. The thoughts drift into my head as I push them away. I am not suppose to know, but I know. I know, and maybe that's the baggage I have to deal with. Knowing. Damien's father Ryan had an affair with a Fairy or Fae and the Fairy/Fae gave birth to Nate and she died during childbirth. Ryan then put Nate up for adoption and Nate somehow only inherited the powers that a Fae possesses. So Damien and Nate are half brothers but Ryan only acknowledges Damien as his child; so Nate is not legitimate. The sad part is that neither of them know this. 

I get ready for dinner, putting the briefcase under one of the floorboards and getting changed into a long fitted black dress that stops at the floor and has a long train, loaded with beads and diamonds; it makes me look both beautiful and deadly, or so I've been told. Using magic I do my hair and makeup and slip on my heels and feel ready to go to dinner.

I arrive at the long mahogany dinner table to see Damien and Nate both already waiting for me.  "Am I late?" I ask, it's a lame excuse to make conversation but I try anyway. Damien is the first to reply

in a curt tone.

"No, have a seat we were just talking about you."

We were just talking about you.

I can't decide where to sit on Nate's side, there are 20 of his closest subjects and an empty seat, that I can tell was reserved for me. Or on Damien's side where it is the same thing, so I sit at the end of the table awkwardly.

"So you were talking about me?"

"Yes." Nate cuts in this time his expression blank not giving anything away. This is not good. I focus on Nate's mind and just decide to leave my mind reading skills on.

I hope she accepts my offer and doesn't reject me. 

I turn my attention to Damien who is just as unreadable as Nate. I am so dead.

She will accept me I am her mate.

I clear my throat. "What's going on?"

Damien answers. "Sage, James and I wanted to talk to you. As you know you are my soulmate." Putting a lot of attention on the word soulmate, and continues. " Anyway as Queen of the Werewolves, I think you should have input when we are holding war meetings or any kind of meeting in general... so yeah and welcome to the meeting..."

His finishes is speech waiting for me to speak.

"First off, I am good at wars and appreciate that you want my input, second I am not Queen of the Werewolves so yeah, and third who are you going to the war against?" I say.

Damien yells " SO IF YOU ARE NOT QUEEN OF THE WEREWOLVES THEN ARE YOU THE QUEEN OF THE FAE?" I can tell his wolf is on the verge of coming out.

"No. Can we continue the war session please? Who are we planning on putting a war on?" I change the subject hoping to calm his wolf down.

"The Vampires and The Mermaids." He replies.

"What?!"

"The Vampires and The Mermaids."

"Absolutely not. I will not allow this. Any of it." I say looking over to Nate for help who is only giving me a curious look wondering why I am protecting the Vampires and the Mermaids.

"Why not?" Cole, Damien's War General asks.

"Because of the following Cole, the mermaid are a decent species most of the time and right now they are revolting against their Queen, Queen Barbie of Mermaidia, who ended up eating some people, and whose pet Bibble ate a warlock, anyway, so starting a war on a angry mob is not a good idea. Also I know people there who are good mermaids who don't deserve to suffer. AND IF MY MEMORY LIVES TO SERVE WEREWOLVES AND FAE CAN'T BREATHE UNDERWATER SO HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO ATTACK THEM?"

Everyone in the room looks guilty because they could not remember that Werewolves and Fae can't breathe underwater. I sigh when one of asks "Why shouldn't we attack Vampires? They are cruel, vicious and pure evil blood-sucking-good-for-nothing leeches. They all deserve to go to hell."

Now he's done it.

"Do you all agree on what he said that vampires, are cruel, vicious, pure evil blood-sucking-good-for-nothing leeches and that everyone of them deserve to go to hell?" I ask the room and see everyone's head nod, even Nate's and Damien's, their attention on me.

"Now raise your hand if you ever met a Vampire in person?" Not a single hand goes up and I say slowly. "So your telling me, that nobody has ever met a Vampire in person yet you know that they are 'cruel, vicious, pure evil blood-sucking-good-for-nothing leeches and that everyone of them deserve to go to hell'?"

Everybody nod slowly again.

"Well I am going to tell what Vampires are like and after my story, let's see if you think they are the ones who deserve to go to hell."