Chapter 37: Vacation

Loving someone means you only want the best for them, even if it is swallowing the sad reality that the best isn't you.

-Unknown

Michael's Point of View~~~

There was no doubt in my mind that this was the beloved Abbadon. I know Scarlett, and if Scarlett was here when this place was demolished and "Adam" was an innocent then she would have saved him. But I played along pretending to be friendly, and welcoming him to the team. I knew that as soon as we left the demon tower he would lose some of his power and I would have a better chance of killing him.

Now all I had to do was wait.

I transported us to the house, and went to get one of my favorite weapons.

Angeldust- known for giving demons a very painful death.

"Hey!" I called out to Obsidian, who looked tensed with his weapon on him. "Where's Adam?"

"He's in the kitchen." Obsidian replied.

I walked towards the kitchen where "Adam" was making himself a sandwich, and looked right at home. "Abbadon, how are you? I don't think we met." I said viciously. I threw the angeldust at him, waiting for him to burn, and cry out in horror and pain. But he didn't, instead he started to laugh hysterically, like I just made the funniest joke ever.

"Ahh... Michael, nice to meet you. You may or may not know that I am not a normal demon. I cannot be killed by angeldust, or holy water, or by anything. I'm immortal." He tilted his head slightly and flicked his wrist, and suddenly I was up against a wall, an invisible force choking me. I struggled to move but it was useless, I would be dead in minutes.

"I'm going to let you live. Not because I like you. But because Scarlett likes you. And also because it would look suspicious if you died. So this is what I'm going to do to you. I'm going to wipe your mind of knowing that I'm a demon. I'm telling you this, because you're not going to remember this anyway." He grinned as he chanted the same words again and again.

"Ventus mente, ventus mente, ventus mente." He chanted, getting louder each time he said the phrase. My head was spinning, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Then the world went dark, and it was just me and the forgotten memory.

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

Putting my cards down on the table, I watched my friend's expressions.

"Full house, boys. That's how you do it." I grinned smugly as I hugged all the poker chips closer to me. Gage threw his cards down in frustration, while Matt ran his fingers threw his hair in pure agony, he just lost five-hundred thousand dollars, John looked at my cards in astonishment. Robin looked like he was trying hard not to laugh at their expressions.

"How..." Gage said shocked.

"Impossible..." John added.

"You're cheating!" Matt accused, pointing a finger at me.

"Now, now don't be a sore loser Matt. How about I buy you a drink to cheer you up?" I smiled cheekily at him and winked. He rolled his eyes and ignored me.

"I want a drink." Robin said cheerfully, holding out his hand, I took it.

"See... Robin isn't a sore loser." I pointed out.

Matt didn't reply so I turned around and went with Robin to get a drink.

I walked up to the bar tender who was in his 20s.

"Can I have 5 bottles of tequila?" I asked handing him a hundred bill.

He handed me the bottles.

"Keep the change." I said taking the bottles.

I walked over to the poker table grinning. I handed them the bottles.

"Drink up boys!" I said happily.

"So how long you stayin' this time?" Matt asked curious.

"I'm not leaving this time. This town, you guys, are my family. I'm on vacation here for good." I said.

"Why's that?" John said.

"Too much drama everywhere else. I want to relax, have some fun, you know the usual." I said nonchalantly.

"Well we're glad to have you back Scar, on the team." Robin said grinning at me.

"Yes it's good to be apart of the Merry Men again." I said back grinning. I honestly needed this, a new beginning, I don't think I was coming back. The world was safe for now, Abbadon should have died slowly by now, Jay could take care of the castle and the kingdom, Obsidian could be with Miranda, Michael could be happy and move on, and I would be doing two of my favorite things, stealing, and giving to the poor. It was good to be here again. They would never find me, because here I was on Earth, where magical creatures weren't known to all, and here maybe I had a chance at a happy ending. I took another hard swallow of my drink, and ignored the feeling of sadness in my heart. I was doing the right thing, disappearing again, so they could have a decent shot at happiness, hell, maybe I had a decent shot at happiness, but I doubt that. Intelligent people are rarely happy. But for now, I was going to swallow my sadness and suck it up for them.

Obsidian's Point of View~~~

I don't trust Adam, and I didn't trust him even more when he yelled for help. We all got up from our positions at once, and went running towards the kitchen. There was Adam shaking Michael awake as he lied on the floor unconscious.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know... He was talking to me-... and then he just passed out... I don't know what happened." Adam explained. Oh please, a guy like Michael is just going to pass out, why do I doubt that. "I could take a look at him, take some of his blood, look at it. See if there is an anomalies." Adam said. "I'm a doctor." He pulled a needle from his pocket. Who carries a needle in their pocket? Probably someone who's hiding something. He takes his blood, and looks at it worriedly.

"What is it?" I asked. He holds the needle up in the air to show me, that Michael's blood is a deep purple. I have never seen anything like it.

"This was caused by a special poison that he must have gotten from the magic, a few very powerful magicians can do this. We can get the cure, but..." Adam said pausing.

"What?" I asked again, exasperated.

"We would have to go through a portal and into a another world, the other world is called Earth." Adam explained, "And if we go into Earth, there is no coming back. The portal we have to go to is a one-way thing. But if we don't find the cure Michael dies."

"Has anyone ever come back?" I asked.

"Well, no. But there is this rumor, of one person but it's never been proven." He replied.

I sighed, it looks like we're going to Earth.