Chapter 24: Brothers

"You have got to be kidding me." Trent said defensively.

"I'm not." I replied back.

"You are crazy to think that Miranda is just going to hand over the crown. You know her, crazy-power-loving bee with an itch." Trent said protectively. "I am not letting you go!"

"Trent I think you forgot one thing. I don't care what you think! I don't need your permission to do things. I'm older than you." I said defensively. Since when did he care about my well-being he didn't 4 years ago!

"By 6 months!" He said.

I didn't correct him or tell that I'm pretty much as old as time. Forced to live forever on Lux until I feel like dying. Or that I made myself young to disguise myself.

"Don't even act like you care! It was your selfish behaviour that got Jay killed."I said.

He rolled his eyes immaturely. "You resurrected him! If it was me that got killed because of Jay you wouldn't hold it against Jay! You can never let that go can you? The whole reason it bothers you is because it's Jay who died. You don't care about the rest of us! You never did! Not me! Not Dad! Not Mom! Not Miranda! Always Jay! Jay! Jay! Jay! You and Jay were always in this freaking bubble that nobody could touch. You were the only person Jay talked to or cared about! None of us ever got to have a connection with him or you because you too were never separated! You were never in a different room with for more than 30 minutes! And when you guys were separated you guys would chat telepathically until you guys were back together again! Where you would both whisper and have inside jokes that nobody ever understood! Nobody ever connected to you or him unless you both let them!" He yelled back with anger.

"What are you talking about?" I asked calmly trying not to lose control.

"Oh come on! You guys would decide on which people to let in your 'inner circle'. You never had a friend that wasn't friends with Jay, and Jay would never have a friend that wasn't friends with you! The worst part is you never left me in. EVER!" He raved.

How dare he!

"DON'T YOU DARE! I TRIED TO GET CLOSE TO YOU AND YOU DIDN'T CARE! YOU WERE NEVER THERE FOR ME! YOU WERE ALWAYS TOO BUSY GETTING HIGH, OR DRUNK, OR DOING GOD KNOWS WHAT TO YOUR SUPPOSED BEST FRIEND'S GIRLFRIEND!" I roar. Everyone steps back at my outburst, not expecting it. I don't think I was expecting it either. Jay was my little brother, just like Trent. We were best friends and we still are.

"I don't need your approval or your help." I said quietly. "I am leaving tonight all those who want to stay can. I will not hold it against them. Facing Miranda will not be easy, and will put your lives in danger." I paused. "I will leave tomorrow morning, and goodnight. Everyone can pick their own room to sleep in as long as it's not locked. Please do not enter a locked room. Those are strictly off limits." I started to walk away with Obsidian trailing behind me

"Do you have something to hide?" Trent asked rudely.

I turned around and faced him.

"Yes I do have something to hide and you better hope you never find out what it is." I answered truthfully, turning back around I continued walking to my room, never looking back.