Chapter 46: Sacrifices and Goodbye

"I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up."

~Lauren Oliver

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

        My heart pounded against my chest. Abbadon was here with all my friends.

        "Scarlett, darling, how have you been?" He asked I was frozen in place. Fear coursed through me, I didn't have his soul, my magic may be able to protect me but not my friends.

        "I don't have your soul and I can't get it anyway. Lucifier has it and the last time I tried to get it back I almost lost my soul, and I was a slave for a thousand years." I replied bluntly. Right now, the lives of everyone I hold dear were in the hands of a madman. How could I ever have fallen in love with him? His green eyes pierced mine, they were dark and mysterious. He flicked his wrist, and Michael appeared, asleep with poison black in his veins. 

      "What would happen if I decided to let the poison move through his body faster?" He paused. "It would be quite a tragedy, wouldn't it?"

       "What do you want?" I asked him.

        He snapped his fingers again. We were in Lucifier's office.

        No. This can't be happening. I snapped my fingers, demanding to have my magic transport back to where I was. I snapped my fingers again. It was like my magic was turned off. No. This can't be happening to me.

        "What are we doing here?!" I demanded.

        "Now, Scarlett don't be mad at your ex. He is only trying to save himself." I turned around, and speaking of the devil it was the devil himself.

        "What's going on?" I asked, fearfully. I haven't had any visions of this happening so here I was completely clueless for once in my life. I really, really hate not knowing.

        Composing myself I took a deep breath.

        "What's going on?" I asked, calmer with a controlled voice.

        "Abbadon and I were just talking about you the other day." He said knowing that it would bother me. Let fight fire with fire.

        "How's Lucy?" I asked with a edge to my voice. For once, Lucifier looked unaffected and smiled rather cunningly at me.

        "Your mother is just fine." He grinned.

        "My father died, you know. My mother must have been sad to lose a lover." I said wickedly.

        Lucifier's eyes flashed red, I had struck a nerve.

        Using his powers he pushed me up against the wall. He began choking me, I grabbed at my throat unable to breathe.

             Go ahead and kill me Lucifier. I'll just come back eventually. I thought, indifferently.

        He let me go. Letting me fall to the floor weakly.

        "Abbadon wants his soul and I want to kill you." He said truthfully.

        "You, Scarlett, are a reminder of my wife's betrayal but I have forgiven her and I want to move on." He paused.

        I interrupted him rudely. "Who knew even the devil wanted a happy ending?" I scoffed. Come on powers, turn on! I thought fruitlessly.