one - history of duntown (background info)

•* history of duntown *•

.•* history of duntown *•.

Deep in the Mojave Desert laid a town, a small town. The population was below three hundred and it was always hot! There was no such things as Winters in this small town. And there was no such things as summers because it was ALWAYS summer.

This town was called Duntown. There was no school in Duntown, only a local market existed. A small theatre was in place but usually only old people ever went. The local pool was filled by ten year olds and under. Located in the center of the town was the "Duntown Deli" where everyone got their sandwiches. Beside it was the "Duntown Bar" where middle aged people went. Those were the only existing facilities in the town.

So as a reminder, old people went to the theater. Middle aged people went to the bar. Anyone under ten went to the pool. So you are probably wondering where the teenagers go?

That was a different story. Popular kids like Mary Joe Winfred, Joyce Jones, Henry Jessup, and Dylan Dorsey; they went to the tree house in old man Philip's backyard. The nerds like Kilian Firewalker and Nancy Harrison hanged out at Kilian's house which was basically a personal museum of the preserved town Duntown. And then there was the tight group who really had no personal status. The group consisted of Noah Schnapp, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, and Finn Wolfhard. They weren't nerds but they also weren't popular, you should understand. These boys stuck around the Schnapp residence, it was the nicest house in Duntown, which granted compared to you and I wouldn't be that spectacular.

Now of course there were other teenagers in Duntown, just, not much.

Enough with the hotspots of Duntown we will get to the strange things of Duntown. What modern society calls strange the small town of Duntown calls common. Modern society calls short shorts and crop tops a "slutty outfit", excuse the profanity, but in Duntown that was practically the uniform for girls aged higher than fourteen.

Duntown was NOT a modern town in fact it was quite the opposite. The town still communicated on princess phones (look it up if you don't know what they are). The teenagers used iPhone's and Samsung's, well most of them at least. The iPhone's and Samsung's were the only thing connecting the old town to the rest of the modern world.

But what most kids feared in that small town was that there was NO escape. Only one family ever left Duntown and that was the Gilmore family, they traveled a LOT. Sure, college students went to college but they almost always ended up back on their parents porch in Duntown.

Since there was no school in Duntown the teenagers drove their own bus to the nearest town, which was thirty minutes away. It wasn't a school bus but a bus Mr. Jessup bought. The school the teens went to didn't want to send school buses that far away. Obviously Duntown was a desolated town.

-•-

So obviously this was just backup information about the town this fan fiction takes place in. I will probably have the first (actual) chapter out by tomorrow!

If you haven't checked out my other fadie book (Faking Reality // fadie) then go check it out!