twenty - the outsiders

•* the outsiders *•

.•* the outsiders *•.

All of the group hopped off of the bus. Everyone was really tired and you could see it in the way they moved. The group leader, though. Mr. Harvey, he was bouncing he was so energetic. He must have drunk seventy Monster drinks before this.

"Ok, group! I hope you are excited because I think we have a really good group! Let's go meet our homeowners!" Mr. Harvey exclaimed pumping his fists in the air excitedly.

Aside from Jenny, Sadie was the only girl in the group. The rest of them were guys from all grades. Apparently, this group was one of the smaller groups.

They walked up to the house and to say the least it needed work. The wood supporting to the roof was drooping down and it looked very unsteady. The steps were also wood and were sagging a little bit too. The first step had half torn off. The shutters need a whole new coat of paint and the roof was really cluttered with debris from trees. And this was only the front yard!

They knocked on the door and it took a while but a skinny homely lady came to the door. She looked fairly young and had wispy hair just below her shoulders. The lady smiled at them and opened the screen door.

"Hello." She greeted looking at all of the members. Sadie smiled at her and noticed a small little girl standing behind her sheepishly.

"Hey, Mrs. Lindell. How are you today?" Mr. Harvey asked with a warm smile. Mrs. Lindell smiled at him and stepped back to let them in.

"I am fine. Before you all come in though I need to warn you. I have three children. I have a seven-year-old son named Fred and he is wild. He isn't up yet but will be soon. This is my four-year-old daughter, Francis." Mrs, Lindell told them motioning towards little Francis who was shying away behind her. "And I have a newborn in the nursery, Fara. I'm on my own and too busy to keep up this house so that is why I asked you all here. Do whatever you can to fix up this place I just ask you to not mess with little Fara."

Mr. Harvey nodded and turned back to the group. "I hope you all heard that." He said and then she turned back to Mrs. Lindell. "Can we have a look around to get an idea of what we need to work on." Mrs. Lindell nodded and stepped back picking up Francis in her arms.

"Come in. And please call me Faye." She said and everyone nodded. They all walked in to see the house was cluttered with kids toys and just junk! It looked like a goodwill dumping hole!

After touring the whole house it was clear that the house needed work. But then again that lady living there was single and handling three seven-year-olds and under by herself! Respect.

So the group gathered back in the front after viewing the whole place. Mr. Harvey has his usual smile and his hands were on his hips. It looked like he was ready to work.

"Before we start. Is anyone good at any particular job?" Mr. Harvey asked and Jenny raised her hand bouncing up and down.

"Oh yes, I love painting!" She squealed making sure he knew. Mr. Harvey nodded and looked at everyone else for suggestions.