twenty-one - adventures on mrs. lindell's roof

⬇️made by purefadie on instagram

.•* adventures on mrs. lindell's roof *•.

"So there is a hole in the roof." Finn finished watching as Joe scratched his chin curiously. He hummed and looked into the distance with a complicated expression.

"Ok..." He trailed off looking like he was thinking hard. Sadie tucked her hands behind her back and rocked on her heels patiently. "We'll have to fix that," Joe said nodding slowly and then looking at the pair again. "In the mean time we'll keep working on the roof and just work around that area." He said and they nodded walking away.

Sadie climbed back up the ladder and swept the roof again. Finn watched her, completely bored. All he did was sit down at the ladder his chin rested in his palms. He only admired Sadie and how in the morning light her hair flowed making her look drop-dead gorgeous. If only Finn had the guts to tell her that. He also liked how concentrated Sadie was, she made sure to sweep every possible speck on that roof. And he could hear the very distant and low hum of a song she was humming to.

Finn got tired of waiting and looked back at Joe who was too busy pruning the bushes to pay any attention to Sadie and him. He started to climb up that ladder making Sadie stop her motions.

"Finn what are you doing?!" She whisper-yelled with wide eyes watching as he climbed up the ladder with no way to prevent it. She put her hands on her hips and he had that mischievous smile on his face.

"Live a little, Sadie. Anyway, I am so bored!" He whined before stepping onto the roof making Sadie tense up. "Just a little extra weight," he shrugged.

"A little too much. Finn, I swear if this roof collapses below us." Sadie warned and Finn laughed placing a hand on Sadie's tense shoulder.

"Chill Sadie it will be fine." Sadie just rolled her eyes in response giving him the broom. He looked at her in confusion.

"You can do it then because I surely will not-" Sadie had started. But she got interrupted by Finn's foot slipping and then him gasping. And it all happened in slow motion. Sadie's eyes widened and Finn started to slip slowly. She couldn't stop it no matter it being in slow motion. Her reflexes were too slow.

And just like that, he was on the ground. Or... in the bushes. Sadie bent over the top of the roof to look down at Finn who was splayed out deep in a thick bush.

Sadie gasped and placed a hand over her heart. "Finn! Oh my gosh, are you ok?!" She asked frantically looking for a sign of life. But then again he fell into a bush. Sadie started to climb down and she heard Joe yell.

"Sadie what happened?!" Joe yelled as he sprinted over to the scene. Sadie held in her giggles knowing this could be very serious. But she knew he wasn't hurt.

"Finn slipped off the roof," Sadie said now off the ladder and running over to where Finn was dropped in the bushes. Joe shook Finn's shoulders and had no response. He pressed a finger against his neck right under his jawline.