seventeen - lovestruck

Warning: It's currently 11:45pm so this editing might not be perfect.

•* lovestruck *•

.•* lovestruck *•.

Sadie took in a long breath as the familiar scent of Duntown flooded her nose. Oh, how she missed her home. Christmas break was fun but she missed her friends.

Finn and Sadie had face timed a little bit over the break. Sadie liked doing it because sometimes he would get so close to the camera that it made his nose look big. It also gave her a chance to hear his voice that she missed. Finn was excited she was coming home.

Sadie went up to the house and dropped her luggage at the door. She turned around to look at the view but she was suddenly knocked back by Millie bombarding her. Millie was squeezing Sadie tight and yelling a bunch of words so fast that Sadie couldn't understand.

"Millie slow down," Sadie chuckled as she pushed her back and Millie smiled at her.

"I've missed you so much," she squealed, which was the first thing Sadie actually understood that came out of Millie's mouth.

"We've face timed though."

"It's not the same as seeing you in person. Gosh, I've missed you so much!" Millie pulled Sadie in another breathtaking hug, literally.

"I've missed you too," Sadie responded walking in after her parents once they opened the door.

As Millie walked in she responded, "I know you did, no need to explain." Sadie sat down her luggage and then Millie pulled her upstairs. "So, the gang has agreed to get together at Noah's tonight to welcome you back," she said as she hopped on Sadie's bed.

"Aw, that's sweet of y'all. Speaking of Noah, anything happen between y'all over the break?" Sadie asked as her eyebrows bounced on her forehead curiously.

"No, we just hung out and stuff. I mean I did spend the night at his house but nothing happened," Millie shrugged making Sadie's mouth drop. She slept over at his house... Alone? Sadie thought as she continued to listen.

"Wow, that's... Wow," Sadie said, not being able to form words. Millie just laughed at her speechless expression.

"It's really not that big of a deal since nothing happened. Plus, his parents were home... They just didn't know I was there," she continued, still leaving Sadie gawking.

"Millie Brown I do not think I know you as well as I thought."

"Oh stop, Sadie. I am still the same person. But you, on the other hand, are not. A new phone and a new man?" Millie questioned with a sly smirk.

"What are you talking about Millie?" Sadie asked, restraining from rolling her eyes.

"I'm talking about Finn! I know about you two face timing. Noah said the guys caught him but didn't say anything. He also said that Finn is lovestruck over you," she exclaimed with passion. Lovestruck?

"He is lovestruck?"

"Head over heels."

"What?"

"Totally under your spell."

"Millie."

"Wrapped around your fin- What?" Millie asked as she abruptly stopped.

"What are you talking about?" Sadie asked yet again.

"I'm talking about Finn. Sadie, he likes you a lot. He is taken for you and you don't even realize it!"

"I think you are wrong," Sadie said in attempt to correct her.

"I think I am right; in fact, I know I am right. Sadie, I know you like him too, it's so obvious! You two are so smart yet so dumb, " she said as she shook her head in shame.

"Millie you are crazy. I need to settle in for right now but I will talk to you later," Sadie told her as she pushed Millie out of the room.

-

Later on that day Sadie prepared for the gathering. She dressed in a long tan skirt paired with a white tank top. She said goodbye to her parents and said hello to some of the neighbors before actually getting to Noah's house.

Sadie knocked on her door, hearing a commotion on the other side. The door opened quickly and just like that Sadie was enveloped in a hug from tiny Noah. Sadie laughed and hugged him back.

"Hey, Noah," she chuckled as she pulled back from him.

After pulling back from the hug Noah said, "We have missed you so much, Sadie!"

Soon enough Gaten was crushing Sadie just as Millie had done before. My bones will be jelly by the end of the night Sadie thought as she hugged Gaten back. Caleb followed Gaten and soon Sadie realized one pretty important person was missing.

"Where is Finn?" Sadie asked as she looked around the room. Everyone around her smirked and gave each other knowing glances.

Millie couldn't restrain herself from asking, "Wouldn't you like to know."

Noah answered her by saying, "He is not here yet but he will be soon." Sadie nodded as a thank you and they all sat down and started talking about the break.

"Anything happen between you and Nancy?" Sadie asked making Caleb frown.

"No, I have tried getting in contact with her but she isn't responding. I don't really know what to do anymore."

"Caleb, Duntown is a small town. I think if you found her and talked to her you could maybe sort this out." Sadie explained to him making him sigh.

"I bet Mary Joe knows." Millie chimed in trying to be helpful in Caleb's quest. Sadie nodded at Millie's comment and Caleb opened his mouth to respond until there was knock at the door.

Sadie almost popped out of her seat but kept herself settle. Mentally her mind was going crazy like fireworks exploding all over the place during the fourth of july.

"I'll get it, " she said in almost a squeak because she was so nervous. Sadie walked over to the door, took a deep breath and looked over at her friends. To her gratitude, they were all distracted in conversation.

Sadie opened the door and saw Finn. "Finn!" she almost screamed but lowered her voice. She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and pulled him in a hug. He chuckled and hugged her back by wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I've missed you," he whispered into her hair as they stayed in their position in each other's arms.

Sadie hugged him tighter and said, "Me too."

They both pulled away and looked at each other with happy smiles. Millie watched and took notes on how differently Sadie treated Finn than the rest of them. There was definitely something there, she just had to prove it.

"This is much better than face time," Sadie chuckled as she intertwined her hands together.

"Yeah, I can actually touch you, " Finn said in response as he reached out and poked her nose. Her nose wrinkled and she laughed.

"Excuse me, lovebirds but we're still here, " Noah called out to them. Finn and Sadie both attempted to hold back the blush creeping at their cheeks but they failed miserably as they walked back to their friends.

Throughout the whole get-together Finn and Sadie could not look away from each other and Millie made sure to tell Sadie that later.

-•-

Short chapter but whateva. If y'all read faking reality a new chapter was posted today and if you don't, I recommend it.

I'm doing this for both stories but I take requests; in fact, I encourage them... so please do so.