Chapter 14

A few days later, after the terrible weekend of me and Adam just going at each other throats for 48 hours straight, came another hell that is called school. I put on a pair of light-washed jeans and a crop top that had a snake on it and with the line "Love from Hell" over top of the reptile. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and put on my white running shoes. I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen but stopped when Adam was just leaving.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he walked past me, glued to his phone. I rolled my eyes and ran to the fridge to get my slice of cake, I shoved the pieces of cake down my throat with anger. I stared daggers at the basement door, I didn't notice that Greta had entered the kitchen.

"Jeez Blair. If looks could kill... I'd be dead." She joked and I smiled at her. I looked down at the now empty plate and back at her.

"So what's up GeGe?" I asked her and she smiled brightly at me.

"Your brother... asked me out." She blushed and my face lit up.

"Oh... My... GOD!!! As in a date!!!" I squealed and she laughed.

"Yep. And I don't know what to wear or... or...or what I should do with my hair!!!" She rambled on and on about the things that she doesn't know.

"GeGe. Chillax! Luckily for you..." I pointed at her with my fork.

"Your sister from another mister as Sam put it some years ago... has just the right things for you to look perfecto!" I giggled and she beamed. I saw Adam walk back into the kitchen and my face sank deeper than the Titanic, the air grew cold and stale. Greta looked at Adam and back at me, my grip tightened on my fork as he acknowledged Greta and not me.

I stood up from the stool and aimed my fork at the wall beside his head. It flew and lodged into the wall with a thud. His wide eyes looked up at me and I just stood there tall and strong looking at his terrified figure.

"What the hell was that for!!!!" He yelled at me.

"You know why!" I raised my voice and turned to leave but Adam was in front of me faster than you can say "I'm a famous YouTuber so wipe my ass.". I gave him the biggest smirk I could muster as I saw steam coming from his ears.

"Blair don't make me bench you." He said in a low voice. I laughed.

"You've been saying that for the past 2 days. Have you done it? No! So I call the bluff." I said crossing my arms over my chest. I got closer to him and looked him dead in the eyes,

"You don't own me. And threatening me won't make me change my mind about what I did." I said poking him in the chest before walking to the front door and leaving for school.

***

I pulled up into an empty parking spot and just sat there for a few seconds before hitting the wheel with every ounce of anger I had caged inside of me. There was a tap on my car's frame and I saw it was Cooper. I quickly put on a fake smile and greeted him.

"Sup Cooper!" I said in an obnoxious voice.

"Nothing new... If I saw correctly you were just releasing some pain." He said in a shy voice.

"You saw that? Actually... you've seen me cry so I don't care." I said pressing my mouth into a thin line. He gave me a skeptical look and just decided to ignore it.

"Anyway, is there still trouble in paradise?" He asked cocking his head to the side. I huffed and grabbed my notebook.

"Yeah. He is being a bitch and I can't stand him! It's like he was brainwashed or something!" I ranted and surprisingly he listened and asked if I was feeling okay.

"I... haven't heard your life story Blair. I only know what Carter told me and what happened on Friday." He said fidgeting with his own hoodie sleeves. I looked at him sideways and smiled.

"Okay. Meet me at lunch at the back of the cafeteria." I said as I walked towards my class, he smiled and waved goodbye. My first class today was Phys Ed because everyone loves running at 7:30 in the morning. Sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm. I walked into the gym not caring to change my clothes and dumped my bag by the wall.

"Blair Jacobson?" The teacher called out attendance

"Yeah. That's me." I said in a loud voice and everyone turned to look at me.

"You're wanted in the office, by the way... and you are to go there immediately." The teacher didn't even look up from her stupid binder. I just stood there for a minute looking at her gross bleached hair. I blew a bubble and when it popped she looked up at me.

"Do you need something Ms.Jacobson?" she asked closing her binder.

"Yes, I need the hall pass," I said in a monotone voice as she started looking for it. She handed it to me and grabbed my stuff. I rolled my eyes as I heard whispers coming from my classmates as I wondered out of the gymnasium.