Chapter 22

"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone.

"BLAIR!! I have been calling you for the past 2 weeks and you never answered any of them!!!! Why!?!" My Aunt Heather yelled at me through the line.

"I'm so sorry Aunt Heather... I fell down the stairs at school with my cell phone in my back pocket and I broke it." I lied to her, she could never know that I joined the gang. She flipped out when she found out my brother joined.

"Did Xavier drag along on one of those missions?!?!" She yelled and I winced.

"No Heather. It was at school."

"Did you just get this phone?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. Yes, I did just get it today." I answered

"Bllllllaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr!" Adam groaned and shifted his head on my lap.

"Sorry, I have a clingy and feverish assassin on my lap. I'll call you back when I've convinced him that a cold doesn't mean that he's dying." I said quickly as I started to run my fingers through Adam's hair.

"Okay! Smack that asshole for me and come home soon!" She replied as I hung up. I chucked my new Samsung across the couch and turned the TV on.

"Can I have a glass of water please babe?" Adam's voice was thick with mucus and other shit in his throat.

"Can you lift your head then please?" I asked politely before getting up and getting him a drink.

"You know... next time I say 'put on a sweater' you better fucking do it." I scolded him as I handed him the cool glass. He rolled his eyes at me and brought it up to his lips,

"God! If I didn't know who you are I would've defiantly mistaken you for my sister." He commented as I put a thermometer in his mouth.

"I'm just going to ignore that cause I'm pretty sure that if I was your sister that would be called incest." I retorted and all he could do was shoot me look.

"I was thinking..." I started and Adam raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe I should go into the ring here... Just for some extra pocket money." Adam groaned at my ultimatum. The thermometer beeped and he ripped it out of his mouth.

"Blair, you have access to literally millions of dollars out OUR bank account." He complained as I looked at his temperature.

"Yeah. I know that. You also know that I don't feel comfortable using the money that YOU earned from the very beginning. I like making my own money." I explained as I messed with his hair. His green eyes were looking at the ceiling in thought.

"You are the weirdest girl I've ever met." He said and reached up to touch my face but stopped when my phone started to ring, I looked at the caller ID and just ignored it.

"Who is it?" Adam asked

"No one important," I answered him in a bored tone.

"Anyway back to my boon. I want to fight!!! Just a couple of rounds, please??? I can even do some snooping in the ring!" I pleaded and he huffed. He glared at me.

"Fine. But if you don't find anything or don't win... you're out of there. Got it?" I nodded my head at his terms.

"How are you and your brother doing? I heard that you haven't gotten back at him yet." Adam said and I leaned my head back.

"Yeah... I just haven't found anything---"

"Diabolical enough?"

"Exactly!!! And I just want to get him real good this time!" I expressed as Adam started to cough. He started to shake and I threw a blanket over top of him.