Chapter 26

Adam. His name was on my lips and pounding in my mind. My throat started to contract around something plastic, fear was pulsating through me and I started to scream but nothing came out. My eyes were glued shut and I couldn't hear anything, I tried to move my arms so I could get whatever was down my trachea out.

Hands wrapped around my wrists, pinning me down to the bed, whoever they are tilted my head back and pulled open my mouth with something cold and smooth. The object started to be forced out, my stomach started to turn as the rigid grooves played with the back of my throat.

A sudden ringing replaced the deathlike silence in my hearing and was soon accompanied by the familiar sound of my chilling scream. Voices in a panic yelled around me and I felt a rough, calloused hand grip mine. I tried to get the handoff out of fear that it was someone that I didn't want to touch me.

"ADAM!!!!" His name left with my shriek and I heard something crash not far from where I was.

"Blair... Relax. It's me, Xavier." My brother's voice rang in my mind as he took my hand again, I still rejected his comfort because the only person I wanted was Adam.

"ADam..." My voice went flat and my throat felt raw.

"LET ME SEE HER!!!" I heard Adam yelling, my head turned towards the sound of his voice but my eyes wouldn't let me see.

"Sir, it's family only at this time." A female voice told him.

"IM HER BOYFRIEND!!! AND HER BROTHER KNOWS ME!!" He roared and my mouth kept on trying to call out to him.

"Young man is that true?" I felt my brother tense and go silent as if he was debating. I felt Adam's sad energy radiate through the room,

"No... I've never seen him in my life." Xavier said and I thrashed. I threw his hand off of mine and my eyes flew open, the lights blinded me but I couldn't care less.

"Adam..." My voice was rough and I reached out towards the crowded door where Adam was being held back from me. I struggled to swallow as I tried to get their attention.

"Blair, leave him be!" My brother scolded me and I grinded my teeth as my vision started to blur. Anger took over me and with all the energy I had left I gripped my brother's shirt to pull my weakened body up towards his face.

"Bring... Him... Back... To me... now." I lashed out before my grip failed me and same as my conscious.

***

"She'll never forgive you for that, Xavier." My mothers saddened voice said and my brother scoffed.

"Like you care, Victoria. You sent us both aw---" He was cut off with a slap.

"Never! Ever! Say that again Xavier Callum!! You knew what she has gone through! And you know damn well why I had to send you to your aunt!" My mother growled at him.

"Yes, I know she was bullied. Yes, I know she tried to kill herself. BUT SHE CAN'T KEEP MILKING THAT UNTIL SHE DIES!" Xavier argued and his words stung me like a snake bite.

"SHE IS DEPRESSED!! SHE DOESN'T WANT THIS LIFE!!! But for the first time in years since your father died..." My mother choked on her tears.

"She was happy... And it was with that boy! Adam brought life back into her, he brought your sister and my daughter back!!!!! And all you can do is push him away from her!!" I tried to control my breathing as I heard this coming from my mother. She saw what I felt and said the words I couldn't say to my brother.

"Adam is using her! He doesn't care!"

"You heard him while she was in the coma... He going to marry her!!! How can he not care!"